Trade Description - October 29, 2009

DiNapoli Indicators

Hello Sive, FRitz and all.

I have found all the indicators from the web. I do not know if they are correct although from the sources taht I found them they said they are 100%.
Here they are anyway. I am also trying to find the e book for DiNapoli system. So far not successful.

Ernest

Tadinda,
Well, sounds good. Please, share with indicators with Fitz. As I said, I use CQG (it has 100% quality DiNapoli Indicators). But I try to find my old programs...

About the book... You can buy it. Just print DiNapoli in the web search. (But it not so cheap, about 250$).
Besides, as I said, you need to choose your own trading method that most appointed to you (to your personality, mentality etc). Di Napoli is a good one (for me it's the best) but it can be inapropriate to someone else.
This thing is very personal.

Sive

Look's like description of trades rises some interest among forumers.
So, I'll try to prepare another one (This will be loss-trade, it was on last Friday) during the week. It's also based on DiNapoli technic.

Sive

About the book... You can buy it. Just print DiNapoli in the web search. (But it not so cheap, about 250$).
Sive

About the book what is the title?? Is it 'Trading with DiNapoli Levels: The Practical Application of Fibonacci Analysis to Investment Markets'

Last edited:
Look's like description of trades rises some interest among forumers.
So, I'll try to prepare another one (This will be loss-trade, it was on last Friday) during the week. It's also based on DiNapoli technic.

Sive
Sive,

I have been following your weekly posts since you have started.
I was paying close attention to what you say and trying to figure everything out from the charts.
Believe your fantastic weekly posts are my number 1 read every time they are issued. Now I feel more comfortable and more eductated as I can follow all you are writing more closely and beginning to understand the strategy.
Whatever it is you write it is highly educational and a goldmine. AT least for me.

Ernest

Sive,

I have been following your weekly posts since you have started.
I was paying close attention to what you say and trying to figure everything out from the charts.
Believe your fantastic weekly posts are my number 1 read every time they are issued. Now I feel more comfortable and more eductated as I can follow all you are writing more closely and beginning to understand the strategy.
Whatever it is you write it is highly educational and a goldmine. AT least for me.

Ernest

Thank you, Ernest, I'm glad that it helps.

Well,
Look at the graph - there are three points - A, B and C,
So COP, OP and XOP are just Fibonacci expansions:
COP = (B-A)*0.618+C
OP = B-A+C
XOP = (B-A)*1.618 + C

Sive does your chart automatically calculate these points?
Well, for Oversold Overbought level I use Oscillator (look at previous post about calculation) When it reaches extreme points (maximum for overbought and minimum for oversold) for about 135 periods - this is a level of OB/OS.
I am not sure I understand when you said 135 periods, do you mean the high/low that has occurred in the last 135 periods? And if so is there a quick way to see this?

Last edited:
Sive does your chart automatically calculate these points?
I am not sure I understand when you said 135 periods, do you mean the high/low that has occurred in the last 135 periods? And if so is there a quick way to see this?

Actually, CQG has a DiNapoli trading pack that automatically draw targets, when you choosing ABC points. But I do it in excel manually

Well, it quite easy. Assume, we have daily chart, so we need 135 days (but this is not a rule of thumb) period on the graph. Then you should look at Oscillator graph and find extreme low and extreme high for Oscillator
These levels are OS and OB. Then, if in the future price moving lead oscillator close to these extremes, it will be warning, that may be retracement is near.
But you should combine Oscillator using with Fib. levels. For example, strong back move on daily chart (when GDP was released) was a combination of Oversold level and strong Fib. support.

Sive.

Last edited:
But I do it in excel manually

Sive.

I was trying myself to do it in excel but realize it has been so long since I have used it that I am having problems with the formulas. I was going to call a friend for help but seeing as you have the excel already is it possible for you to send it to me?

Thx Sive

Last edited:
Back