• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Trade Forex with a BANK

dasser

Private, 1st Class
hi,

I'm looking to choose a broker, I have already read almost all the reviews, and some are standing out (in my opinion) :
-Hotforex
-Tradingpoint
-Windsor

But I also know that those are Mmakers, and the best/safer is to trade with a BANK, but can't find any interesting/recomended..

I have already been scamed by a MM (plus500) so now I'm a little "afraid" to choose a "bad" broker again...

So, any opinion will be welcome.

(I want open a small account 3.000eur/4.000eur)

Thanks!

If you are not trading on an exchange, for example the futures exchanges, all brokers are market makers although they try to disguise this fact. Banks also have dealing desks.

In my opinion, the safest brokers are those which are regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) in the UK because funds are insured
up to GBP 50,000 if your broker goes bust.

You mention that you have traded with Plus500. Did you trade with their UK branch which is FSA regulated or with one of their unregulated branch
in another country? May be you could tell us how you were scammed by them as you claim. Because for an FSA regulated broker there are ways to
file a complaint with the regulator.

...I begun to beleive that there is no 100% trustable broker.. they all want you to loose... as if trading isn't dificult enough.... :)

My scam by plus500 was by the UK branch, FSA regulated, I was confient about them, because they have all the regulations, etc...
But I get screw anyway, and I wasn't the only one, this compan have a lot of reclamations...

I tried everything to get my money back, but impossible to resolve, their staff are very rude...
If you want, you can see my "aventure" here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/scam-alerts-folder/19058-plus-500-scam.html

I got occupied with the the scam thread I forgot what was i about to say, and im not even done reading. :)

I can't comment about windsor and tradingpint since i haven't traded with them,i do trade with hotforex with a smaller account,
and on a personal note, i have no problems.. and best of luck on choosing your next broker..

ima go back to reading the other thread now :)

hi,

I'm looking to choose a broker, I have already read almost all the reviews, and some are standing out (in my opinion) :
-Hotforex
-Tradingpoint
-Windsor
none of those are banks, so it was unnecessary to mention them.
check out Dukascopy (bank)

Back