Trade like George Soros

KKurt

Private
Here's his excellent and free course held in 2009 at CEU University:
George Soros: Open Society, the Financial Crisis, and the Way Ahead | Open Society Foundations - OSF

But I guess it's a little bit too vague for a trading plan. Do you know of any trading educator who teaches Soros' method? I mean he is just so the opposite of every other method... he goes against effective market theory and so on... but still the best known and one of the most successful currency trader out there.

Anyone?

Ps. mods: how do I format the link properly?

Last edited:
Is it the correct sub-forum to post my thread or should I post it in another sub-forum for more viewers?

You're in the right place. We're just lazy, I mean we're just busy trading. :D

Finally had a moment to watch the into. Intriguing. Will watch the rest as soon as I have a chance.

Great link. He's teaching his philosophy. I didn't watch all of it but of course he's not outlining a defined trading plan. As I understand his method, he is a fundamental trader, which is long term. He helped tank the bank of England and made $1 billion because the fundamentals said the sterling was in an unsustainable lock. The long term fundamentals seems to work if you are well funded since you have to take positions that will turn against you in the short term. Then you have to hang on.

Can you teach instinct and gut feeling? For years people just learned to trust Alan Greenspan because they didn't know how he knew what to do with interest rates. He just kept being right so they let him alone.

This was an interesting series.
http://www.marketfocusing.com/downloads/soros1.pdf

If you find a good resourse. Let me know.

Back