Trade Management

cklayus

Private, 1st Class
One thing i noticed when looking for information about trading strategies. Is that people tend to focus on the entry of the trade but often overlook the exit.

I think I am beginning to get a good sense of when i should enter the market. But the right time to exit is still something I need to work on.
Several times i had found my self opening a couple of trades and after a while the combined profit is 400-500 pips a go to bed only to wake up only to see some of my trades hit the stop loss and some are loosing.

If you are aiming for profits above 100 pips, consider a trailing stop. Then, if price reverses close to your TP number, you'll still have some profits locked in.

One thing i noticed when looking for information about trading strategies. Is that people tend to focus on the entry of the trade but often overlook the exit.

I think I am beginning to get a good sense of when i should enter the market. But the right time to exit is still something I need to work on.
Several times i had found my self opening a couple of trades and after a while the combined profit is 400-500 pips a go to bed only to wake up only to see some of my trades hit the stop loss and some are loosing.

Newbies also tend to run losing trades and cut winning. Together with what you mentioned its called "trading psychology" what many traders make light of..

Newbies also tend to run losing trades and cut winning. Together with what you mentioned its called "trading psychology" what many traders make light of..
Might this is general thing for newbie, they cut profit early and let their loss running until margin call account, wrong mindset in forex also about psychology trading which also might messed up plan trading

me look at the news schedule... if it would jump too high or too low.. one would consider to minimize one's trading plan or to close it, if the coast is clear then one would go all out... but that is me... and I just an intraday trader, for one with small capital, one have to minimize or eliminate the risk.

Exit is indeed a great problem for traders. If you are not greedy, you can set your exit a bit prior to your actual TP. In this way you can save yourself from any bad reversal movements.

Trade management is one of the standard of risk administration. We can not put all our cash in trading. There is a few guidelines. For my trading I risk 2% of my capital for every trade. What's more, the most extreme presentation to risk is 4%. It implies I open most extreme of 2 trades. Most traders do not follow this rule. They just risk all their money into trading. I think everybody ought to keep up their risk administration rules. Because trading is all about discipline.

Yes, many newbies just don't understand when they need to stop, chill a bit and have some break. They just don't feel the time and that's why they lose money.

Actually most of the trader do not understand when to start and when to stop. I wanted say again it is just because of shortage of proper knowledge and enough practice. There are mane trading management process which will help you to define starting and ending point. You can select according to your trading style. Some of the trade management are trailing stop, stop loss etc. Now I am seeing many broker are using forex robot for this problem’s solution.

Back