Trade The News cancellation problem

jtcash

Private
I had a monthly subscription with the company Trade The News from New York paid with my Visa card.
The service has been offered at 38 US$ but they charged me 75 US$ for September 2011 without previous advice.
Immediately I decided to cancel the subscription:
“As you have nearly doubled the fee for the Standard Credit/FX/Futures Text Membership, and I can’t afford that price, please cancel my subscription from today, August 31, 2011.”
But now they refuse to return de money:
“We are sad to see you go!
This is confirmation that your cancellation has been received and processed.
As per your request last day of service is Sunday October 2, 2011.”
They pretend I have to pay the subscription for September at 75$!!!
I wrote to them:
“I didn’t use the service after the cancelation day: August 31, 2011.
Therefore I consider the service canceled since that day.
The reason is that you offered me the service at 38 US$ a month and now you are trying to charge me 75 US$ without previous advice.
You can’t charge me whatever you want whenever you want.”
But they refuse to return the money.

Such things you look for elsewhere are relatively available in FPA forums. If you constantly visit our forum you will get such information at no cost.

Contact your credit card issuing bank immediately. Ask to speak to the fraud department.

How are you paying? If it's by credit card, you need to contact your issuing bank immediately. Otherwise, they might charge you again.

Dear Pharaoh: thank you for your suggestion. I did go to my bank immediately, but it is not so easy. You should never give this company your credit card number.

There are two magic phrases to make dealing with credit card problems like this easier. "Please connect me to the fraud department." and "I want to initiate a charge-back."

Back