1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traders International

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by SJ-60, Sep 21, 2010.

1. SJ-60

SJ-60 Recruit

Can anyone here give me your opinion about TI (Traders International), and LACHLAN ELSWORTH As a new CEO of the australian base frinchise ... so far I paid the money, the life membership cost me $7850 2 years ago lost lot of money and no one care to ask how you doing mate !!
    Please for all of you out there check this link bellow and take some action :
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/interne...tiona/traders-international-misrepr-dfcb6.htm

#1 SJ-60, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  2. Steven Hartwell

Steven Hartwell Private

Traders international needs to be shut-down by the CFTC!!! They have stolen and made people lose money! They put bernie madoff to shame when it comes to there scams and schemes!!! You can read my story about them and there head FX trader on rip-off report.

Erica Villalon Review | Rip-off Report #612817

3. David Lean

David Lean Recruit

Did you follow the system?

I disagree.
    • I've been a member of Traders International since 2009. I am profitable.
    • I do not understand how you could've lost money if you had followed their guidance. ie: Start with a small account. Keep accurate records & paper trade (ie: Do not go Live) until you are consistently profitable for at least 8 weeks in a row & your records show that you are consistently executing trades according to your trading plan.

I agree that :-
    • Erica had an interesting run on the FOREX markets. Initially, Oct 2009 - Jan 2010, her calls were profitable. But from Feb 2010 (1 week prior to USA State of the Union Address) the market went flat & stayed that way for 3 months. (in the non-USA timezones). Erica's system did not work so well in that climate. She picks reversal patterns. With so many eyes watching her I think she felt compelled to "call something" every day. That was a big mistake, resulting in many higher risk & ultimately losing trades. My money management system protected my account from this. I also compensated by tweaking my entry / exits permitting me to avoid entry until the market confirmed the signal, often it didn't. So I was often profitable when the room wasn't. Still I learnt much from Erica. Eventually T.I closed the FOREX room until their research teams could develop a new system that was worth promoting.
    • She also suffered at the hand's of the broker most people were using. Many times I saw data "Spikes" that hit her stops & took the room out. Yet my other broker did not reflect the same price movement & wouldn't have stopped her out.
    Ultimately the FUTURES Trading room was much more profitable than the FOREX.
    - The trading experience & profits you got from T.I varied depending on who was moderating the room. Some moderators were much better at announcing their intentions early enough that even a novice had enough time to enter the trade too.
    Over the last 3 years the TI offering has improved dramatically. (These comments apply to Australian Branch, I stopped trading dusk to dawn in 2010, so don't know about USA Team)
    • I have been very impressed with Lachlan Elsworth (the Aust MD) & his commitment to make us profitable.
    • Their moderators are much more consistent in the way they call trades.
    • Their R&D has paid off. Their system is vastly more profitable. The indicators are easier to follow. It is much easier to blindly follow their calls & still make a profit. (still it is not something you should do, see Paper trade comment above)
    As for the USA (trading from 11:30pm to dawn, due to my Timezone)
    • I can't comment on Afshin, never meet him & never talked to him.
    • Did talk to Rich Matthews. He is a nice guy, & when he called trades I made money.

In summary, their Futures trading is way better than their FOREX. They get better results on an E-mini Currency Contract than they do in a less regulated spot market. Given they are focused on short term day trading small PIP trades, the spreads really hurt their trading style.

Hope this helps you
    Dave
    PS: SJ60: I have very high opinion of Lachlan. I suggest you contact him (or his support folks) & let them know you are struggling. I think they are keen for all members to excel, but you need to put up your hand.

4. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

So a brand new person digs up a 2 year old thread to say how great the company really is. I'm sure this new person couldn't possibly be an employee of the company. :p

I suspect the original 2 posters aren't even active at the FPA anymore, so any helpful advice is probably moot at this point.

5. David Lean

David Lean Recruit

No I'm not & never have been a TI employee or agent.

Yes Pharaoh,
    You are correct. I am not a T.I employee. I am their customer. I have also logged in with my full name & have provided my contact details as part of my registration.
    As I have been ripped of by conmen in this industry, I understand your scepticism, so I will resist being offended while you cast doubt on my integrity.
    Should you continue to doubt me, I'm happy to provide my contact details & will talk to you.

6. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

I have a simpler test for your authenticity. Hang around the forums and provide helpful advice for new members (naturally without referring them to TI). That's the easiest way to show that your presence here wasn't just to dig up one old thread.