Trading for a Living

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is supposed to be freely distributed or not, but if you google the author and title, there are a lot of copies floating around out there on the web. Asking someone who offered it in 2007 isn't too likely to get you a copy now.

hmmmm, the 'Ancient one" still have pretty sharp eyesight as this thread is indeed 5 years old.

If all those asking to be sent a free copy of that book (which the "Ancient One" correctly pointed out can be goggled search for) bother to read through from the beginning of the thread, they would see that the originator of this thread, Proximus, has given an e-mail address on post no 5 rendering asking to be sent a copy of that book unnecessary and also futile due to the long time lapse.

Over at the FxOpen forum, new forum members posted in fossilized post to receive payments ranging from usd0.03 to usd0.15
But here at the FPA, where cost cutting is of utmost impotence and hence no payment whatsoever is given, this makes me to wonder why these forumers posted here in the first place?

Could it be that some new FPA members are actually some broker's secret moles posting mindlessly just so as to gain some mileage to achieve ranks that would lend some credibility to their later post in defending or voting positively on some scumbag brokers??
If that is the case, then perhaps AssistantModerator might consider archiving those ancient threads to close that window of opportunity.

Last edited:
what Elder's book is about

I also looked up Trading for a Living, and it's pretty amazing how used copies of the book are still selling for $20+ for a book written 20 years ago.

If you enjoy psychology, check out Elder's book. But know that it isn't any kind of trading system or quick fix, etc. It's a psychological perspective on trading, and it helps you understand yourself as a trader as well as the actions of other traders and of the movement of the market as a whole.

I hope that's not your main email address. By posting it in an ancient thread, you are unlikely to get what you are asking for. Instead, you'll likely be deluged with offers for "amazing" products and brokers who will make you a fortune after you send them all your money.

Proximus has not been active in the FPA since 2008.

It appears that Proximus was offering an illegal copy of the book. Such offers are not welcome at the FPA.

Anyone who is interested in the book or other works by the same author can find it here...

Amazon.com: Alexander Elder: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle

In order to prevent more people from posting their address or asking for copies, I am now closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back