Trading in late December

FXCO

Corporal
Does anybody here not trade the last half of December? Anybody think it is very risky?

Liquidity is low at that time of year. This can lead to big slippage and requotes.

It's possible to trade then. I'd recommend being cautious and reducing your lot sizes by 50% or more if you decide to trade under those conditions.

Thanks Pharaoh,
I think I will probably not risk it at all and just start up again in the new year.

I think December is interesting, low volume of trade combine with profit realization by lot of people and entity, it depend on your strategy.
For me, in December is more carefully to trading.

Yes, I have decided to trade with one strategy at an extremely reduced risk just to see what will happen with a live account.

EUR/JPY in December

Historically speaking, the second half of December has been one of the most bullish periods of all for the EUR/JPY, and has been especially profitable in 2-9 day trades. This is excluding the last week of December, since the volatility there is a little questionable.

i did and lost a bit...so i stopped. it is not a good time for trading. i would recommend not to trade. my system does not work at that time. maybe yours will...but anyway. stay out, relax...have some break.

It's holiday season, go take a break! spend some time with family etc.

Thats what all the other traders do, which is why there is low liquidity.

Back