Trading Journal in Database Form?

All I can say is: Pray for a brokered convention (or a mega-scandal big enough to knock someone out of contention).

Regarding your trading jornal, I haven't checked, but Open Office may work on some or all of your iThings.

All I can say is: Pray for a brokered convention (or a mega-scandal big enough to knock someone out of contention).

Regarding your trading jornal, I haven't checked, but Open Office may work on some or all of your iThings.

Tonight-I'm ANGRY & I RARELY get so ticked off I rant in texts to my poor kids. They were SO worried about me, all 3 called & I just got off a 3hr call with my Son who wants to fly me & my kitten to Denver: TOMORROW!!
No, it has NOTHING to do with politics, but EVERYTHING to do with MicroCRAP...(oh how I wanted to use another 4-letter word.....).
About 5 months ago, my dear Uncle visited me from Boston and came bearing gifts: namely a new TV and a new, souped-up, HP-All-In-One Desktop. I lost my 4 good computers a little over a year ago in a fire, and it hasn't been easy trying to replace everything I lost on a minimal fixed-income. God Bless Uncle Bob, being the good Catholic Priest he is, wanted to help out and was slated to give a speech in DC; so, despite the fact that he's in his mid-late 80's, he drove down so he could stop & help out his poor lost-soul, Hindu niece. ;)
Before he even brought the computer, I'd been researching the make, model & Windows 8 OS. I also read-up on Windows 10 in case that's what it came with. (He wasn't sure). I learned about how MS was sneakily installing Windows 10, back ending people who were trying to avoid upgrading AND found out that some of the software I need and use, is still incompatible with Windows 10. I'd already decided I wanted to stay with Windows 7 or 8-until MS worked out their never-ending BUGS I'm all too familiar with.
Although I'd started with an Apple in 1992, my ex was a software engineer and we had 6 PC's, 1 Linux box and 2 UNIX servers in the house, (he hid my MAC downstairs, afraid his co-workers might see it...UNTIL he sold it one day when I was out of town). He basically forced me to learn DOS, Windows 3.1, and a bit of Linux & UNIX-mainly because we ran a BBS back then and he needed help when he started traveling, working contracts. (He's also legally blind-we were quite the pair). But I'd already learned basics of Windows in PreMed-much to the dismay of my AppleAddict Advisor and mentor-we had no choice with some hospital/lab software back then. So, I knew the VERY basics, enough for my ex to build on until he could leave for a week and have me handle several VERY large mailing lists, the BBS, and enough UNIX to help him debug & compile remotely. (On TOP of Med School, work & our 6 kids! What I'd do for some of that energy about now!! ;) )
Anyways, I've followed every piece of advice the past 5 months, disabling Windows updates, uninstalling the hidden Windows 10 software that had already been placed deep in my Windows directory. I went so far as calling MS to make ABSOLUTELY SURE I'd done EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to prevent my computer-which shipped with Windows 8 (and I was perfectly happy with)-from updating. I installed my software I needed, personalized the system, synced it to my iCloud stuff, and was actually ENJOYING this new version of Windows, (yea, I know it had bugs, supposedly, I had no problems...)...EXCEPT that despite all of my precautions, I still occasionally, mistakenly let an update through that would throw that damned Windows 10 "Are you ready to UPGRADE?" box in my face. I was vigilant about tracking down any new traces of this upgrade-which I would get daily email updates of other's horror stories of their unwanted updates & attempts to reinstall Windows 7 or 8.
Tonight, I went in & turned on the desktop, then went to take care of my hungry kitty and get some tea, while it loaded. I walked back into the room and saw an unfamiliar blank light-blue screen. As I sat down at my desk, my nightmare BEGAN: "THANK YOU FOR UPGRADING TO WINDOWS 10; PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL OR TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER WHILE THE COMPUTER INSTALLS WINDOWS 10, it could result in loss of data or a corrupted installation." (Something like that)
I won't repeat what came out of my mouth at that point.
After almost an hour of these screens occasionally blaring out in large text what a GREAT operating system this was, it was FINALLY DONE!!
It only took about 2 minutes, the realization that my keyboard no longer works, and maybe 3 clicks of the mouse.
All of a sudden, while I was reading the information on the screen-my computer BECAME POSSESSED!! In less than 2 minutes, with me ONLY touching the screen to SHUT DOWN the rapidly opening windows and software applications; I counted over 62 windows open (everything from Media Center to Skype, "Windows Journal", "Sticky Notes", "Edge", Chrome browser, One Note, etc...), I just gave-up & sat there staring at all these Windows STILL opening, not touching A THING!! When I thought it had stopped, I went to click with the mouse to shut the computer down-and realized I had NO CONTROL over the mouse!! It began, jerking around the screen, ON ITS OWN!! I TRIED tapping things closed-NOTHING!! I tried the keyboard again, NOTHING!! NOT EVEN the 3-finger SALUTE!! THEN, the damned thing started TALKING TO ME-but I couldn't understand what "she" was saying!! WTF??!! Russian maybe?? DETERMINED to KILL whatever DEMON had INVADED my precious computer-I held down the power button-NOPE!! NOTHING HAPPENED!! THAT WAS *IT*!! I PULLED THE DAMNED PLUG!!!
I grabbed my TRUSTY iPad and texted my kids, "...nevermind, I won't repeat that either....
While my daughter was calming me down on the phone, and my Son texted me was sending me some pictures of his puppy, (to calm me down?), I opened my browser to start searching for SOME kind of answer-luckily, I'd bookmarked those websites I'd seen other's horror stories, (although, I don't remember any about demon possession...)
WTF??!! ALL MY BOOKMARKS WERE GONE!! Again, I won't repeat the language...by that time, my Son was on the phone, "Mom, had you synced your Apple stuff to the PC?" "OF COURSE I DID!! I NEEDED ACCESS TO ALL MY STUFF....like bookmarks." "Uh oh...there's been some compatibility problems between Windows 10 and iCloud..."

I'm not going any further. I HAVE to get some sleep tonight. I have 2 appointments tomorrow and my Docs will NOT be happy campers if I walk in like a zombie with insomnia. Although, considering I converted BOTH of these wise physicians to APPLE ONLY products over the past 6 years, I'm sure they'd understand. BUT, I AM a bit sleepy. Anger is a VERY tiring emotion...but I DO feel a bit better; especially since I closed the doors to the "other room". Poor kitty, I'm afraid I'll probably freak her out again, (as I did last week when I woke-up to her kissing, "holding" and kneading me-staring at me with her lil head tilted), when I awake screaming from my inevitable nightmare of being attacked by a possessed computer....or, possibly severely torturing Mr Bill Gates, although.......

PS: Uncle Bob doesn't do exorcisms-I already checked.... If ANYONE has ANY suggestion, I'll start searching for solutions tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
WE ARE MICROSOFT. YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIMILATED. PLEASE CONNECT A USB CABLE TO YOUR PC AND PLUG THE OTHER END INTO YOUR RIGHT EAR TO FINISH THE UPGRADE PROCESS.

WE ARE MICROSOFT. YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIMILATED. PLEASE CONNECT A USB CABLE TO YOUR PC AND PLUG THE OTHER END INTO YOUR RIGHT EAR TO FINISH THE UPGRADE PROCESS.

I'm thinking more of a hose attached to a different body orifice-aimed towards MSt headquarters, of course.....

I think my muse, "Murphy" is who's haunting me. I was woken up at 4am my a loud crash-two actually, right next to the bed. It got ferociously windy this morning, I assume my princess got curious at the noise and had been in the windowsill behind the bed. Something scared the day lights out of her & after hopping onto my bedside table, she knocked over a 12oz mug of chai, (I hadn't had much of before dozing off), which scared her more-and down went my antique China lamp. Of course, that shattering COULDN't have been the end; NOPE!! All of a sudden there was a bunch of spattering noises on the floor just barely under the bed-then, my lights POPPED and OUT went my power....leaving an unfortunately all-too-familiar smell of burning electrical wires. I jumped up, grabbed the surge protector wire, yanked the extremely wet wires out of the wall-and my laptop at the same time somehow. (May have been my previous experience with bad electrical wiring-although that was fully my genius landlords fault...she needed the money because they were about to lose the farm, got caught, hence my renters insurance refused to cover anything). Anyways, I've got an electrician coming back here in a few hours, so I guess I WILL miss my appts.
Need MORE? (Murphy's been busy!) I went to take out the trash, stepped on one of the cement walkway blocks to catch my balance as my trash had blown over. (Probably what began this electrical misadventure) The block broke in half, sank into mud I didn't realize was there-and my ankle is now the size of a large cantaloupe. (And NO, it wasn't "weight"-at least I don't think I'm heavy enough at 130lbs to break a solid cement block with moccasins on...ok, maybe not so "solid"). Considering I average a fracture a month, (my genetic disorder), luckily I already have 5-6 air-casts (arms, ankles & shins).
SO, I'm going to TRY & get a few hours of sleep, hope that Murphy is worn out for the morning, and start my day over...

How was YOUR last 15hrs?!

Back