• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Searching Trading the News V.s Technical Movements - resources

Help me find a company
Status
Not open for further replies.

GallantFX

Recruit
Fundamentals Vs. Technicals....as each trade entered by an experienced trader is done after both the technicals and fundamentals are looked at, each trade swings its focus more to one of the two; for example during a news release its more fundamental, and during session openings it's more on technical.

Felix provides excellent fundamentals for new releases......Has anyone had good experiences with technical resources? (FXbootcamp, Rob Booker, etc.)

GFX

Technofundamentalists - heheh

Absolutamente! Setups for Barry's "Rubber Band Trade" do not come that often, yet when they do, they work out some 90% of the time. Very sweet. TopDog is okay in my book: Like Felix, his focus is less on actual trading signals than on how to know why a trading signal is likely to be good.

The CCI trick is also sweet. When CCI is past 100, either direction, IF AND WHEN IT IS at least a tiny bit FURTHER BEYOND 100 than the last time it went beyond 100 and then went below 100, open a trade. This is also an eighty-to-ninety percent reliable setup; it just does not happen every hour, or even every day, necessarily.

Two great "tools" to use, yet they are only two. Add them to your bag and keep looking for another and another.

-----------------------------------------------------
"Billion here, billion there; before you know it, you're talking real money."

Barry's Rubber Band Trade

Would you kindly tell me where I might find the Rubber Band Trade indicator? I have looked around on TSD and don't find much.

Much thanks for your help!

MP -- technical vs. news

Fundamentals Vs. Technicals....as each trade entered by an experienced trader is done after both the technicals and fundamentals are looked at, each trade swings its focus more to one of the two; for example during a news release its more fundamental, and during session openings it's more on technical.

Felix provides excellent fundamentals for new releases......Has anyone had good experiences with technical resources? (FXbootcamp, Rob Booker, etc.)

GFX

=============================================

as an ex-equities technical trader for 20 years, I "discovered" Forex 2 years ago, and aside from long term investments in the normal commodities for my childrens trusts, Ive never looked back.

Using the LRC and a touch of experience, one finds Forex to be phenominally technical, even during news when it will reach reasonably easily established resistance (or support) points. But what becomes even more fun is that given a short amount of time, the currency will RETURN TO ITS ORIGINAL TREND, ALMOST TO THE PIP it was at when it diverged.

If that aint technical trading at its best, I dont know what is !

and in full agreement, Felix doesnt tell you HOW to trade, but what to look for in a trade, and while some newbs may want it handed to them on a silver platter, it sure is enough for me -- Kuddos to an experienced trader !

enjoy and trade well

mp

Within the great hall at Elfinore stands a wondrous coffer, precisely four cubits square and securely latched against the outside world. Inside that repository, shut away from impertinent eyes, abides many an intriquing trading secret garnered from around the world and over the ages !

As a child, i used to watch from the darkness as the secrets were debated and annotated by the elders. No one there held a single thought of my presence -- BUT I KNOW WHERE THEY HID THE KEY !!

If you're looking for someone to tie both the techs. and the fundamentals together, including how to trade the news by using the technicals, i'd say Jimmy Young is your man. Check out his eurusdtrader website. Nice guy too, I believe he and Felix are good friends and it's easy to see why. Both are honest guys who really want to help traders become profitable, not just take your money, send you a CD or whatever, and say good luck.

CCI and Barrys Rubber Band

Absolutamente! Setups for Barry's "Rubber Band Trade" do not come that often, yet when they do, they work out some 90% of the time. Very sweet. TopDog is okay in my book: Like Felix, his focus is less on actual trading signals than on how to know why a trading signal is likely to be good.

The CCI trick is also sweet. When CCI is past 100, either direction, IF AND WHEN IT IS at least a tiny bit FURTHER BEYOND 100 than the last time it went beyond 100 and then went below 100, open a trade. This is also an eighty-to-ninety percent reliable setup; it just does not happen every hour, or even every day, necessarily.

Two great "tools" to use, yet they are only two. Add them to your bag and keep looking for another and another.

-----------------------------------------------------
"Billion here, billion there; before you know it, you're talking real money."

Hi...What is CCI and where can I find Barry's rubber Band Trade...Thanks...wmased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back