1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trading update for 13th March 2013

Discussion in 'Jarratt Davis- Trading Signals' started by Jarratt Davis, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Jarratt Davis

Jarratt Davis Special Consultant to the FPA

Hi Everyone,

First of all, apologies for the lack of posts but the market hasn't really given me many opportunities that can be posted and acted upon in time the past couple of weeks.

With this in mind, and thanks to a suggestion from one of our members (Thank's to redrag!) i have decided to complement the trading signals with some economic analysis, to give everyone a heads up on what to look for and expect from the markets.

This won't be as clear as a trade signal, but my aim is to write it in such a way that it is still something you can all take away and apply in your trading, to help you get better results :)

So for this week, here is the economic outlook as i see it, and these are the opportunities i'm waiting for:

The main focus for me this week is the yen currency.

The sentiment on this is definitely bearish which means that institutional investors will be looking to sell it when good opportunities arise. These opportunities come in the form of retracements to a better price or in surprise news.

News this week is actually fairly light but we do have key announcements affecting the USD coming up later today (Retail sales). What we also have is a retracement occurring on the yen currency.

I am focused on the USD/JPY pair and looking to buy the pull backs.

The next opportunity to buy this for me is at 95.00 area and i will be looking to hold it until it reaches the 95.50/96.00 levels.

If you trade this level just make sure that you do not risk more than 1% of your account (As an absolute maximum) I do not trade any leverage at all so my stops are fairly wide, but if you want to use leverage then your stops should be much smaller.

There are a couple more things i have my eye on and will post these over the coming days!

Thanks Everyone

J

- Jarratt Davis
    Fx trader, funds manager and Forex mentor
    www.JarattDavis.com

2. paliacho

paliacho Recruit

Thanks for the analysis

3. redrag

redrag Private, 1st Class

Thanks Jarratt; that's very helpful

The USD seems fairly flat leading up to the retail sales news. No surprises expected then?

4. Wilsontom

Wilsontom Private

Thanks very much Jarratt, much appreciated your analysis and the time/effort spent for us at FPA. Cheers.

5. Damo

Damo Private

Thanks Jarratt for analysis, eye on entry signal

6. Damo

Damo Private

Thanks Jarratt for analysis , eye out for entry signal.
    Damo

7. michael22

michael22 Recruit

thanks jarratt , would there also be an opportunity to sell to this level. 95.00

8. netkazana

netkazana Recruit

Hi good call sir

9. Marketjoy Trader

Marketjoy Trader Private, 1st Class

Thanks Jarrat. Have you initiated a trade even though the price only got to 95.438?

10. leifa

leifa Private, 1st Class

Thanks Jarratt!
    I have ordered your book. It might be the one thing I have looked for.
    It will also get me more prepared for asking the right questions, I think.
    sincerely
    leif