1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trading update for 13th March 2013

Discussion in 'Jarratt Davis- Trading Signals' started by Jarratt Davis, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jeff b

jeff b Private

reading ur book now, what software do u use to scan currencys for opportuities, tech set ups ?

thkx jb

2. ArielKorber

ArielKorber Private, 1st Class

Thanks for the analysis, it was useful in understanding what the market is looking for in general terms. It gave me confidence to trade the dips in the yen crosses across some of the currency pairs so far.

3. Jarratt Davis

Jarratt Davis Special Consultant to the FPA

Hey redrag,

Sorry i only just got back to this.

There is a lot of positive US data coming out right now so that's what i'm looking for to continue. It did with the retail sales and also unemployment numbers etc...

Right now there seems to be a lot of Profit taking going on which is pushing the USD back down, but i cannot see that lasting if the data keeps flowing as it has been.

- Jarratt Davis
    Fx trader, funds manager and Forex mentor
    www.JarattDavis.com

#13 Jarratt Davis, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  4. Jarratt Davis

Hi Michael,

The USD/JPY is bullish based on the sentiment and the BOJ policies right now.

This means that we expect that pair to go up a little bit more yet, so in theory the thing could just keep rallying up past 96.00 and on .... But of course there may be profit taking or some comments that could scare the market before then which would cause retracements. (We saw this on Friday with USD profit taking)

So although we could get short moves down, it wouldn't really be as safe to try and trade it down there, because the bias of the market overall is still long.

- Jarratt Davis
    www.JarattDavis.com

5. Jarratt Davis

Hi Ayoayo,

I took several long positions this week .... But the trades were too short term to be able to share here, as there just wouldn't have been enough time to get the signals across etc...

My tactic on this pair is to simply keep a very close eye on comments and news and then buy the dips as the price falls back to key price levels.

Hope this helps!

- Jarratt Davis
    www.JarattDavis.com

6. Jarratt Davis

Hi Jeff,

The key is getting the news as quickly as possible and then using technicals to enter the moves so we use 'Ransquawk' for the live news feed and i also keep track of everything via Bloomberg, Reuters and a few other sources such as MNI ...

Thanks!

- Jarratt Davis
    www.JarattDavis.com