tradingacademy.io / Avatrade

ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ

Naigus

Recruit
I'm new here so apologies if I'm not doing it right but I need advice! Happy to modify or move post etc, so it conforms with the forum.

I signed up with Avatrade and accepted THEIR terms. They passed me to an affiliate "tradingacademy.io" who I've worked with for 2 months and have both gained and lost money with them, but have never signed or accepted anything registration-wise of theirs - I would never have done this as their terms explicitly absolve themselves against all blame. One of their brokers manipulated me into believing I would be winning with him, and then advised me to put on enormous, reckless trades without stop loss measures which immediately escalated out of control and I was stuck with on my own, as a newbie.

The trading advice given obviously spiraled out of control pretty quickly and killed my entire account, totaling in a loss of just under £23,000 GBP. Their compensation offer is that Avatrade have given me £2000 GBP, and "about £10,000 worth of free courses/training offered by the academy". Again, something I've requested in writing so I can go to the regulator with proof of their lackluster attempt to silence me with things that cost them nothing.

Trading Academy are defending themselves verbally through phone calls but seem to ignore me when I submit skype log evidence of the guarantees they have said, or ask they put their defense in writing, but I want to know if I have any grounds to reclaim the money they lost me, based on other's expertise and experience.

On another topic which I'm dealing with separately regarding GDPR, one of these two companies has sold my data to telemarketing companies in the financial market industry, as I'd not been part of it prior and now I am swamped with advertising calls for financial investment etc.

Happy to provide any additional information if it will help understand my case better. I've simplified it as much as I can for the sake of people's sanity :)

I'm new here so apologies if I'm not doing it right but I need advice! Happy to modify or move post etc, so it conforms with the forum.

I signed up with Avatrade and accepted THEIR terms. They passed me to an affiliate "tradingacademy.io" who I've worked with for 2 months and have both gained and lost money with them, but have never signed or accepted anything registration-wise of theirs - I would never have done this as their terms explicitly absolve themselves against all blame. One of their brokers manipulated me into believing I would be winning with him, and then advised me to put on enormous, reckless trades without stop loss measures which immediately escalated out of control and I was stuck with on my own, as a newbie.

The trading advice given obviously spiraled out of control pretty quickly and killed my entire account, totaling in a loss of just under £23,000 GBP. Their compensation offer is that Avatrade have given me £2000 GBP, and "about £10,000 worth of free courses/training offered by the academy". Again, something I've requested in writing so I can go to the regulator with proof of their lackluster attempt to silence me with things that cost them nothing.

Trading Academy are defending themselves verbally through phone calls but seem to ignore me when I submit skype log evidence of the guarantees they have said, or ask they put their defense in writing, but I want to know if I have any grounds to reclaim the money they lost me, based on other's expertise and experience.

On another topic which I'm dealing with separately regarding GDPR, one of these two companies has sold my data to telemarketing companies in the financial market industry, as I'd not been part of it prior and now I am swamped with advertising calls for financial investment etc.

Happy to provide any additional information if it will help understand my case better. I've simplified it as much as I can for the sake of people's sanity :)
@AvaTrade CCare needy your attention here

What sort of time frame do you guys look at for replies on here?
It's been 21 days since my official complaint with them and no written response to that either when I've asked - so far they've offered some things verbally and asked me to "cancel the complaint". Doesn't seem right somehow.

This is what was offered in detail:
Account manager from tradingacademy called me and wants to sign me up to "around 10k worth of their private training courses for a year". This is not compensation and I will still be randomly charged by these courses after a year, provided I even want 1 to 1 training, which I do not. As is quite clear in my official complaint, I want to work without any pushy and manipulative account managers and do this alone. It's also quite insulting, as this is tradingacademy further doubling down on it not being their fault, when it so clearly is. I imagine they never send me written proof of their offer or reply, so that I cannot show others how below-parr this is. Merely a way of silencing me for no cost and keeping my custom.

I've also since left a review on Trustpilot which was taken down as "dematory". Of course it's defamatory - I have provided an honest and fair review and it happens to be bad: I have been wronged and others need to know so they do not make the same mistakes.

I can't see a way to edit my reply there (understandable), there's a typo in the last/third paragraph. "dematory" should be "defamatory"*

Do not ever ever trust them. They are scammers. They wil make you profit and will make you lose everything. DO NOT TRUST THEM!! They will sound nice and will force you to deposit money in, they will make you cancel any withdrawal you try to make. DO NOT TRUST THEM!

Back