Trailing stop Points question

muplayer2000

Recruit
Hello Folks

Wanted to set trailing stop in meta-trader , but the stop is not in pips its in points like :

10 point

20 point

30 point

is 10 point = 10 pips?

i just changed to 50 points trail stop and my metatrader journal says:
2014.10.20 0850.214 '1721345': trailing stop on #706218869 modified to 50 pip(s)

Something changed in meta-trader ? because other people telling me 50pips =500points.

Whats going on?

iMusingKiMi

Sergeant
Hello Folks

Wanted to set trailing stop in meta-trader , but the stop is not in pips its in points like :

10 point

20 point

30 point

is 10 point = 10 pips?

i just changed to 50 points trail stop and my metatrader journal says:
2014.10.20 0850.214 '1721345': trailing stop on #706218869 modified to 50 pip(s)

Something changed in meta-trader ? because other people telling me 50pips =500points.

Whats going on?
Points is for 5 figures. It means you need to set 100 points for 10 pips. It doesn't change, it just have difference of 4 figures broker or 5 figures broker.

Pharaoh

Colonel
If I can remember that far back, Trailing stops were always in "points", which were the last digit of price. On 4 digit brokers, a point is a pip. On 5 digit brokers, a point is 1/10 of a pip. When someone decides to offer 6 digit pricing, get ready for 1/100 pip points.

iMusingKiMi

Sergeant
If I can remember that far back, Trailing stops were always in "points", which were the last digit of price. On 4 digit brokers, a point is a pip. On 5 digit brokers, a point is 1/10 of a pip. When someone decides to offer 6 digit pricing, get ready for 1/100 pip points.
Huh, 6 digits????? If so, soon we will be going like crypto. LoL.

Pharaoh

Colonel
Right now, somewhere, in some broker marketing department, someone is saying "Let's offer 6 digits as a way to lure in new clients."

iMusingKiMi

Sergeant
Right now, somewhere, in some broker marketing department, someone is saying "Let's offer 6 digits as a way to lure in new clients."
It is just more space for broker to do some dirty job in my opinion. For instance on BO, 5 digits makes them rich. 6 digits maybe just as throwing a stone into deep sea.

workitout

Private, 1st Class
that's interesting, a new breed of price market of 6 digits! what the will offer then, a smooth version of slippage, or new kind of charting time frame, 30 second time frame basis ?

Faelar

Private, 1st Class
It's just different units of measurement, but it's actually the same thing, so you don't have to worry, so you can use it boldly.
Actually, it's a good thing you're interested, because your safety in the market depends on it. And that's the most important thing, of course.