Trend traders! Need some thoughts about this EMA "crossover"

Bordux

Recruit
Hello. As you can see in the screenshot below, the 12 period and 26 EMA lines touch each other and bounce off, creating something similar to EMA crossover signal which points in direction of the trend. What are your thoughts about this, how do you interpret and would you pull a trigger on it?

wot.jpg

Trading on an expansion of compressed MAs instead of a crossover can be a valid system. Guppy MMA trading works on this principle.

As for a specific pair or group of MAs, that will need to be tweaked and tested to find the right combination for your selected pair and timeframe.

Hello. As you can see in the screenshot below, the 12 period and 26 EMA lines touch each other and bounce off, creating something similar to EMA crossover signal which points in direction of the trend. What are your thoughts about this, how do you interpret and would you pull a trigger on it?

View attachment 20265

hello, In your chart the two lines, EMA 26 and EMA 12 are showing a strong bullish signal at the point you have mentioned as it was about to make a crossover but it touched and bounced back predicting a strong buying at that price. However if EMA 12 would have breached EMA 26 it would be a sign of bearish trend but bulls seem to pick up a good pace. They prove to be so strong that it didn't allow bears to move ahead them. Also EMA 26 subtracted by EMA 12 is represented as MACD line. You can interpret the same using MACD indicator.

In my opinion, it looks promising, but I would still look at the situation in other indicators. Still, all data should be double-checked in order to act in the market as accurately as possible. Usually, three indicators are enough for checking.

It looks like an entry point.
Although, yes, I would agree with my colleagues that this is worth checking again.
Although if you're acting in small amounts, I'd take a risk to check my guess, sometimes the risk is justified.

I find it hard to work out the best MA to use for confluence due to the large variety that every one uses. any suggestions would be great

And I am convinced that someone will see opportunities here, and for someone it looks absolutely hopeless.

not convinced a strategy like this is consistent enough in the current market conditions

Back