• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

tridentfx.com

dswilson

Recruit
Hi, has anyone come across the fx management firm tridentfx.com? All sounds legit, but theyre based in cyprus and their returns seem too good to be true. Any experiences I would love to hear.

it'be better to invest on a Pamm account.
TridentFx though...ive seen this somewhere ... some demo competition i think.

Couple of things...

To deal in forex, Cypriot companies are required to register with the local regulator, CySec.

Here is a list of registered firms from the CySec site:
http://www.cysec.gov.cy/licence_members_14_en.aspx

You will notice TridentFX / FX Trident 365 Ltd are NOT listed... therefore probably should not be offering FX services!
(ed: I doubt they're registered as fund managers either!)

Also ... the fact that they are obviously catering to new traders.
Not a crime, but another red flag.

Their FAQ deals only with managed forex accounts.. maybe that's all they do?
However a managed forex account in the wrong hands = quick way to flush away money.
(ed. just re read your post ... I see now that you realize they're offering fund management)

Also the aspirational BS on their site (picture of Einstein juxtaposed with busty girl on contact page)!

Even if their operation is 'LEGAL' (which I doubt) ... it doesn't necessarily follow that it is 'HONEST' and 'SOLVENT'.

These guys are almost certainly dishonest ... and they're going for 'full penetration'.

It's good that you are asking questions. Idea: Make a list of your requirements (eg. Properly registered, lots of supporting evidence and references, in the same country as me so cheap to sue if it goes that way ... you get to design your own list!)

Last edited:
Have paid over some money into their managed account but now seem unable to get in touch with them. Site has closed for Christmas and under construction but not opened yet. Any ideas for chasing them up. I have the names of the traders as well as admin and compliance officer. Got some bank details aso to where i paid the money.
New to this so any suggestions please advise. Ta

hi
i am in the same boat, i have invested there loads of money and i cant do anything since the 6th of January ,please let me know if you got any more information.
thanks a million

Hi, I'm another one. Having been away until Monday this week back to find site 'under construction' image... yea right! (site last updated 25/12/13); due to expire 16/01/14. No emails or phone answered, so have been looking into this since as much as I can, and it clearly now seems to have been a blatant scam. Will post further as have run out of time now with work tomorrow but it looks like a visit / report to my local feds first asap.
AtB Richard

I,m another one, your right its a scam and I should have read the signals. I would advise contacting law enforcement with all details including bank transfers etc. In the UK Action Fraud are a good place to start. I have received an e-mail informing me the company has been taken over and all assets frozen for 3 months when all funds will be paid in full to investors. No chance of that happening.

I'm afraid I am another one that was scammed. I too received the email this morning telling me all funds will be returned as per terms and conditions. I think if we all get together and contact the fraud squad in sufficient numbers hopefully they will take us seriously. I can email my details to anyone who requires them in order to proceed further

i am another one deposited to Trident thousands of Pounds!!
please everyone of you call the regulators in Cyprus and file a complain on 00357 22506600.
also their email address is: complaints@cysec.gov.cy
i would love to hear more ideas from you all how to get back our money!!

Back