Triple Swap Charges

olalobere

Recruit
Good day everybody,

I heard something when trading with alpari-NZ, that i want some enlightment from this forum.

I traded 0.01 lot of audjpy on the 18th of March,2013, on the next day, 19th, i was charged -0.09 for swap
I traded 0.01 lot of audjpy on the 20th of March,2013, on the next day, 21st, i was charged -0.28 for swap

I spoke with customer care and this is reply "602710441 has swap because it has been once transfered.
602752734 has triple swap because it was transfered from Wednesday to Thursday. When a position is held open overnight from Wednesday to Thursday, storage is tripled. The link please FAQs: myAlpari / Trading with Alpari. You need section - Attention."

I will like this to help me with this because i never heard about this situation in forex.

Thank you.

For most brokers, Wednesday is triple swap day. That's a good day to hold your positive swap trades and a bad day of you are holding swap negative trades.

For most brokers, Wednesday is triple swap day. That's a good day to hold your positive swap trades and a bad day of you are holding swap negative trades.

Just got to know about this. Thanks Pharaoh.

Thanks pharaoh this information is really going to help me a lot, passed so many years without knowing this ahhhh....anyways better late than never. :)

yes, I call the former swap day.... the latter situation - swat day :D

I've had my fair share of swats in recent years. LOL

Back