• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Searching Trying to be a trader and need a broker

Help me find a company
Before you become a trader or try to become a trader, keep your learning aspects open. You would need a deep research and basic training to understand the basics of trading.

Its practice practice practice.
Demo demo demo and digest as much FX information here and other sources Babypips etc

you need a deep research and there are alot of broker available accepting the US clients. you need not worry about the broker but the trading strategy

Hi everyone,

I am new with all the trading, trying to be a part time trader and make a few 2 digits bucks a day and hopefully can became a full trader someday.
I've been demo account since Nov 2020 by using official MT4 demo account mostly trading XAU/USD. I think I should use the broker demo so I can see how everything really works and get use to it.

I'm looking for a broker that will accept US clients and I read online from stockbrokers.com and some other website IG,Etoro and Forex.com is the top and Forex is the only one that have MT4 planform so I opened 1 demo account with Forex.com like 2 weeks ago and Ive been testing it, so far its alright but didnt like how the leverage is 1:50 and for trading metal leverage is 1:1 but read in the US 1:50 is max I just have to get used to it and forget about trading Mental since its 1:1 and just focus on Forex market instead.

I read lots of reviews and scams that you could deposit but good luck with withdraw money, so I think I should stick with a well known company in the US cuz there is no point even I make 100K profit and cant withdraw. I think I will stick with Forex.com even tho I think its ok. I came here read some reviews see do I have other options and found out that Forex.com wasnt that great.
I start reading on the reviews looking for the highly good one but sadly they dont accept US clients like IC markets.com

So my question is here for the US trader what broker do you use? I prefer using MT4 and be able to trade metal but if I have to start using a new planform and no metal I will learn to get used to it.

Thanks and happy trading everyone!
FXCM, Hotforex, Oanda are great choices. However spend enough time to learn the types of accounts they offer and which one fits best your trading demands.

Hi Tyler, Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately I cannot be of help with regards to the brokers available in the US. Hopefully someone will come through for you with some options. I would like to put it out there that I don't think you always need to be with a regulated broker. I have used an unregulated broker for the last 12 months and haven't had any issues. It's all about researching those reviews.

Become trader as a dream to become rich from forex industry, but this profession is no easy task, making profit consistent through forex is like as resolved a puzzle, sometimes you get it easy and sometimes so hard, but if you have good skill, it will get more easiness than difficulties

I use mt4 too I think that’s one of the best trading platforms available, as for a broker just go with what appeals to you the most just make sure they are reliable.

Agreed, practice and experience are two things that constitutes trading knowledge and skill. Mistakes that you made in trade is the knowledge that you can't find in books. One should give it his 100% as far as hard work and practice are concerned, take this field seriously and not just a hobby, only then consistent returns can be expected.

That is the plan at the moment.

But once I'm used to trading metals, crypto and with higher leverage offshore broker, When I'm ready for live mode but the broker in the US will be completely different. That's why Im hoping I could find any US trader and share how do they trade.

I talk to some trade scammer that told me this is how it works, I could open with their broker or any outside US broker, I will have the advantage of higher leverage and lots better deal broker I could choose comparing the US broker (which I found its true) and when withdraw the money they will be transferring into my bank account or paypal account also I dont have to pay any income taxes. I dont know is that how does a US resident trader works or we have to 1 choice is find a US broker and work with their condition.

I talk to a few legit Australian broker and they told me they could not accept US resident, the only one will accept so far is the broker that the scammer that Ive been talking that they introduce me but I know their broker oblivious is not legit.
When looking to find a broker in the US, it is always recommended to pick a regulated broker due to safety reasons. A regulated broker operates in a highly regulated environment with oversight into trading practices and execution; therefore, the safety of your funds is in the broker’s best interest. As a regulated broker in the US, we provide a maximum leverage of 50:1, as stipulated by the NFA. Please be aware that increased leverage increases risk. Unfortunately, we do not provide cryptocurrencies currently. We do offer over 80 different currency pairs as well as spot metals. Please see the following link to learn more about our products: https://www.forex.com/en-us/markets/forex/

If you’re looking to experience trading with a US broker, you can always open a demo account with FOREX.com to trading risk-free. You can use the following link to do so: https://www.forex.com/en-us/open-an-account/

If you have additional questions or concerns, please reach out to our support team by phone, email or live chat.

Back