• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Searching Trying to be a trader and need a broker

Help me find a company
You have to get the basics right. You need a plan and you need to stick to it. You need money management.

Thank you for all you reply, I am not planning to start live account yet till 6 more months or more, I am not in a rush to jump in and dream of making big cash right away. I am going to take my time in the demo until I know I could make less trade mistake and more good trade.

but here is my problem that I want to know as a US resident, which broker are you guys using? I would like to compare their demo account

I know Its all of them are different with the spread and leverage.
I'm currently using mt4 planform with 3 demo accounts from 3 different broker the official MT4, Rock fort (a scammer told me to use), and Forex.com

Rock Fort has super low spread and I could set up 1:500 leverage (max)
Official MT4 low spread and I could set up 1:500 leverage (max)
Forex.com high spread and its already set up 1:50 leverage can't go higher than that

I start using the other 2, Rock Fort and Official MT4 and I know these 2 I could not set up a live account in the future these 2 are only demo only. Rock Fort is not a regulated and its oblivious a scam website, official MT4 is only a planform not a broker.

I switch to Forex.com which US resident could set up live account and its regulated
I compare both spread USD/CAD, Forex.com is 31 and compare the other is 5. That's a big different!

I am currently mostly using Forex.com demo the other 2 are useless without setting up a live in the future.
I am ok with the leverage with Forex.com but its really high spread which is bothering me because I am used to low spread like official MT4 and Rock Fort (USD/CAD spread 31 vs 5)

Do I have another option beside using Forex.com demo? Is there other demo broker that I could use and in the future I could set up a live account for US resident

Do I have to do like the scammer told me open a random not regulated broker somewhere in the world that accept US resident and hopefully I could withdraw money (which I am not planning to do)

Is there any US resident trader here that could share your experience with me? Which broker are you guys using for live account right now?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I am new with all the trading, trying to be a part time trader and make a few 2 digits bucks a day and hopefully can became a full trader someday.
I've been demo account since Nov 2020 by using official MT4 demo account mostly trading XAU/USD. I think I should use the broker demo so I can see how everything really works and get use to it.

I'm looking for a broker that will accept US clients and I read online from stockbrokers.com and some other website IG,Etoro and Forex.com is the top and Forex is the only one that have MT4 planform so I opened 1 demo account with Forex.com like 2 weeks ago and Ive been testing it, so far its alright but didnt like how the leverage is 1:50 and for trading metal leverage is 1:1 but read in the US 1:50 is max I just have to get used to it and forget about trading Mental since its 1:1 and just focus on Forex market instead.

I read lots of reviews and scams that you could deposit but good luck with withdraw money, so I think I should stick with a well known company in the US cuz there is no point even I make 100K profit and cant withdraw. I think I will stick with Forex.com even tho I think its ok. I came here read some reviews see do I have other options and found out that Forex.com wasnt that great.
I start reading on the reviews looking for the highly good one but sadly they dont accept US clients like IC markets.com

So my question is here for the US trader what broker do you use? I prefer using MT4 and be able to trade metal but if I have to start using a new planform and no metal I will learn to get used to it.

Thanks and happy trading everyone!
You will surely realize that forex is a never ending learning curve you will surely learn about new things in day to day trading its a very vast topic i would like to suggest that you just learn the basics of forex first and the n move onto more complex topics

You will surely realize that forex is a never ending learning curve you will surely learn about new things in day to day trading its a very vast topic i would like to suggest that you just learn the basics of forex first and the n move onto more complex topics
Nobody can go to advance level until he is not aware of basics of any business. In forex to your journey to get success starts form learning and then practicing on t. After it too you can not say now you are a person with whole knowledge. This market will teach you new things as you will work here we can say your learning will never end because you will go upper level at the base of your skill and will be eager to know more

Nobody can go to advance level until he is not aware of basics of any business. In forex to your journey to get success starts form learning and then practicing on t. After it too you can not say now you are a person with whole knowledge. This market will teach you new things as you will work here we can say your learning will never end because you will go upper level at the base of your skill and will be eager to know more
rightly said, just concentrate on the basics and rest will follow up

Чтобы стать трейдером, вы должны проводить много времени в торговле, чтобы набраться опыта. К сожалению, мы не можем получить от книг, это ужасная правда.
Это абсолютно верно. Вы узнаете что-то только на собственном опыте. Без ошибок не обойтись.

I have no experience with forex.com, but as I know this broker included the old company, I don't know about the withdrawal process whether all withdrawal gets smooth or there is some problem among the client. but its good step to start from small digit and test them.

Agreed, practice and experience are two things that kind of polishes a trader. One should give it his 100% as far as hard work and practice are concerned, take this field seriously and not just a hobby, only then consistent returns can be expected.

To be a trader you have to spend a lot of time in trading to gain experience. Unfortunately we can't get from books, it is ugly truth.
I think experience is the most valuable lesson instead books, but reading will giving more insight to make the experience more valuable, trader profession is a simple job but not simpler

Back