Tuesday September 13, 2011 NY TIME 4:30am EDT – UK CPI y/y

Moving averages crosses

The triggers were not hit. However I made 15 pips on pre news trading using the moving average method
I provided I hope some followed me correctly and made some pips I got in LONG at 1.5779 and out 1.5794

Stavro, You said you entered at 1.5779 is that mean before the moving averages (9, 20) crosses or when they were about to cross? on my chart I can see that the moving averages crosses after the move up on the 11.25 min bar.
Unless I change the the 9 moving average from simple to exponential. Which I can see the crosses happened one or two minute bar before.

You also said when you see the uptrend occur... but we were in a down trend on the 1 min chart at this point, right?

Thank you for sharing your methods.

Stavro, You said you entered at 1.5779 is that mean before the moving averages (9, 20) crosses or when they were about to cross? on my chart I can see that the moving averages crosses after the move up on the 11.25 min bar.
Unless I change the the 9 moving average from simple to exponential. Which I can see the crosses happened one or two minute bar before.

You also said when you see the uptrend occur... but we were in a down trend on the 1 min chart at this point, right?

Thank you for sharing your methods.

Hi thanks for your support. There was defiantly an uptrend, if you applied the correct settings you would have seen this, I hope your looking at a 1 min chart, I will have full results posted at weeks end with the brief and screen shots.

regards

Stavro D'Amore

Hi thanks for your support. There was defiantly an uptrend, if you applied the correct settings you would have seen this, I hope your looking at a 1 min chart, I will have full results posted at weeks end with the brief and screen shots.

regards

Stavro D'Amore

It seemed like a downtrend, at least there were no MA crossing 15mins prior news. See attached. (different timezone). Please comment..

Attachments

• gbp cpi.jpg
    gbp cpi.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 20
Hi and thanks for you message,

Please note this was a pre news trading strategy and was not a spike nor a retracement method, as per my trade plan.

Kindly view attachment for further clarification.
We are looking from left to right. I bought in where the first arrow on the bottom appears (I entered at long 1.5779 ) as the movement/trend was heading up. This is where the cross over occurred.

As per my trade plan I advised you to look for a pre news long position.

The next arrow stating “OUT HERE” is where the position was closed as this is where a level was forming.

The last arrow “THIS WAS NEWS” is where and when the news was released.

Please note on a 1 minute chart, each candle shows you the price action within that minute. As you can see, between the 2nd and last arrows reflects the 2 minutes (as stated in my trade plan) to exit.

I hope this has clarified your query and possibly in future I can post a video or do some sort of new trading webinar to make it all clear.

chart1.jpg

Kindly view attachment for further clarification.
We are looking from left to right. I bought in where the first arrow on the bottom appears (I entered at long 1.5779 ) as the movement/trend was heading up. This is where the cross over occurred.
As per my trade plan I advised you to look for a pre news long position.

Thank you very much for clarification attempt. I posted the same picture and everything is quite clear, no problem.

Just wanted to point out that in your trading plan was to enter approx. 15mins before news..and my picture illustrates that there was no good entry point at that advised time. But only then few minutes (3-5min) before news..and stay in trade for only 2-3 minutes.
That was my point..nothing more.

But anyway, thanks for your effort..its highly appreciated.

Thank you very much for clarification attempt. I posted the same picture and everything is quite clear, no problem.

Just wanted to point out that in your trading plan was to enter approx. 15mins before news..and my picture illustrates that there was no good entry point at that advised time. But only then few minutes (3-5min) before news..and stay in trade for only 2-3 minutes.
That was my point..nothing more.

But anyway, thanks for your effort..its highly appreciated.

Thats correct there was no entry point so we wait. ;)

Back