1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to Invite a company to your thread.

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by FxMaster, Dec 14, 2018.

1. FxMaster

FxMaster Lt. Colonel

Hello All,

After the FPA Traders Court update, many OP`s (Original Poster) are asking how to invite a company to the thread. So, here is the Tutorial on how to Invite a company to your thread.

After opening a thread you will get an option called "Edit Company Invitation" at your left-hand side, (You can check the screenshot) click on it.

[​IMG]

Now, you will get two options "Invite now or Invite later (ShortForm of the options there)".

[​IMG]

Click on Invite now and fill the form to Invite a company at your thread as mentioned below.

[​IMG]
    Choose the company from the drop-down menu.
    2. Insert the Company email and if you got more than 1 email then you can add those by clicking "Add additional contact."
    3. Now, click on submit and you are done with filling the form. Wait, still, there is a procedure to follow (check the next Image :).

Now, after the filling the form you will get back to your thread with options called Invite Company as shown in below image. Click on it.

[​IMG]

Here we came to the last step, Click on "Confirm Invitation" and you are done with invite a company to your thread :)

[​IMG]

Edit: When you fill the form, make sure you fill it accordingly and the invite sent is not confirmed till you see the below message in your thread...

[​IMG]
    The OP has invited the company to this discussion on ......

Note: The Invite Company button only becomes visible 96 hours after the first post is made in the thread. Also, the OP (thread starter) must make at least one additional post in the thread to make the button visible. Only the OP can see the Invite Company button.

That's it :)

Attached Files:

2. 4evermaat

4evermaat 2nd Lieutenant

3. FxMaster

FxMaster Lt. Colonel

Screenshots added :)

4evermaat likes this.
  4. 4evermaat

4evermaat 2nd Lieutenant

Screenshots are not loading in OP. Can you check again in Incognito window?

#4 4evermaat, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  5. FxMaster

FxMaster Lt. Colonel

Check its there or not?

4evermaat likes this.
  6. 4evermaat

4evermaat 2nd Lieutenant

Checked mobile browser and desktop browser. And while logged in and also incognito/private browsing modes. The photos are now showing :cool: The thumbnails below are the proof of what I see. At worst, just refresh your browser window.

fpa fxmaster company invite tool thread screenshots visible_desktop.

fpa fxmaster company invite tool thread screenshots visible_mobile scrollshot.

7. FxMaster

FxMaster Lt. Colonel

Yes I added those and took the links from it, didn't want third party image holder to hold my images as they can remove it any time :)

4evermaat likes this.
  8. 4evermaat

4evermaat 2nd Lieutenant

The invitation process has changed somewhat. It is now a two-stage process.

The first stage is Edit Company Invitation. This is the only button available when you start a thread. This stage is already explained above. Here is a screenshot of the Edit Company Invitation form once you select...

"I want to invite the Company and try to Publically resolve the issue":

fpa edit invitation invite the company form stage 1.

Do try to add two or more different company email addresses if possible.

The 2nd stage is actually inviting the company. This button becomes available only after:

a) Edit Company Invitation form is complete and submitted
    b) Minimum wait threshold has been met (96 hour old + 1 reply to thread).​

Sample of "Invite Company" button:

fpa invite company button stage 2.

This "Invite Company" button form must then be submitted. Then you will see this image and statement as a post in your thread:

[​IMG]
    The OP has invited the company to this discussion on May 25, 2019 at xx:xx AM

-------------
    If the "Invite Company" and "Edit Company Information" buttons disappear and you see the post image above, then you have invited the company to the thread successfully.

If either button still shows in your thread, then you have not yet invited the company properly.
    ----------

@FxMaster @AsstModerator @FPA Forums Team

This tutorial OP needs to be edited to add the 2nd stage of actually inviting the company. Please do this soon. I can understand the confusion because @FxMaster's OP is not yet 100% clear about all of the steps needed for thread OP to invite company.

This may also explain why some people claim to have sent the invitation but do not see the OP invitation sent thread.

Also, there should be a space or different color of the buttons for "Invite Company" and "Edit Company Information" Or make the invite company button 30-50% larger.

FxMaster likes this.
  9. Budaley

Budaley Recruit

I have a question. Once I have submitted an invitation to the company, how may I know whether the company has received the invitation. I hope there is a way I could know instantly whether my invitation has gone thru'. I do have a suggestion if I can receive an email from FPA to confirm my invitation to the company is successful. I hope FPA will consider this so that I can better informed about the successful of the invitation.

10. 4evermaat

4evermaat 2nd Lieutenant

If you followed all of the steps ("edit company info" + "invite company", you will imediately see a new reply post in your thread that "op has invited the company to this thread. The post will have this image:

[​IMG]

Please re-read the first post of this thread if you dont believe me. It's all there.

FPA moderator can also send separate invitation to the thread (using the same invite details you provided.

But instead of saying "OP invited company...." the post will say "FPA invited company...." and the image will be slightly different.
    ------------------------

Recommendation to FPA: the company contact info should be visible to OP and senior members of forum. To double-check the email address.