• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Two Traders, Two Companies, One Big Scam

I am having an issue with a company
Interesting comment Alan on Finspreads. I too had a Finspreads account. One trade I was in was going wrong, so I closed the trade for a loss of about £30, and shut down my computer. The next day my account showed that the trade had lost over £300. When I phoned Finspreads, they said it had gapped through. The charts (on theirs and on Metatrader) showed no such thing, and anyway, I had manually closed the trade, but my protestations fell on deaf ears. I have closed my Finspreads account, and like you deal only with IG Index.

City Index/Finspreads

Hi Guys,

I would be very interested to learn more of the problems you have had with City Index as we have traded for a few years using Finspreads and luckily have not had a problem but it would help us to be fore-warned.

Thanks

Investor One

Something I do not understand regarding these Scam companies is this. In my country if I get someone to sign a document that clearly states I can do what ever i wish with their money and then do so (like all the scammers do) then I am imediately arressted for fraud as well as theft under false pretences. How can a state law be broken by a document signed?

If I give someones signed consent to kill me, does not make murder outside of the law, and the same is true if I give consent for someone to steal my money. Theft is still theft no matter how you disguise it.

Even if I open a brokerage account and I break a rule that the company has in the agreement, the profit was still made, and they can cancle my account, but that does not mean that the profit I made is owned by the broker.

It is actually laughable how the scam companies show us that we actually live in a lawless world.

One last thought.... if you want to have a bit of power behind you, just declare the profit to the IRS and send them in to get their bit from the scam companies.

Thanks

Hi, thanks a million times for the information about these scammers. Without FPA people like me would have lost money to them. Thank you indeed.

Great to have a place where you can call a spade a spade

Great to have a place where you can call a spade a spade.

And if its a rusty old spade then it needs to be called a rusty old spade.

This world is far too precious when it comes to naming and shaming scammers.

I am in the process of trying to link good traders with demoralised traders so they can have a break.

I am open to discussing safe trading and profit share strategies with anyone that wants to be a formulating member of this co-op.
Tom.

Priceless Information

Thanks a lot for this priceless information! Only God knows how many traders are loosing their money to scammers day after day.

Strange....

I have looked at sites of these companies... Only I am surprised naiveties of people which can open there the account...:unhappy:
Really it is possible to trust similar "brokers"?!!! Strange :(...

Shameful Brokers

When it comes to money, there are a lot of things you don't have to take for granted. One of such is: TRUST. Don't trust anybody when it comes to your money - not even yourself. Always verify!

Go Machiavellian

Something I do not understand regarding these Scam companies is this. In my country if I get someone to sign a document that clearly states I can do what ever i wish with their money and then do so (like all the scammers do) then I am imediately arressted for fraud as well as theft under false pretences. How can a state law be broken by a document signed?

If I give someones signed consent to kill me, does not make murder outside of the law, and the same is true if I give consent for someone to steal my money. Theft is still theft no matter how you disguise it.

Even if I open a brokerage account and I break a rule that the company has in the agreement, the profit was still made, and they can cancle my account, but that does not mean that the profit I made is owned by the broker.

It is actually laughable how the scam companies show us that we actually live in a lawless world.

One last thought.... if you want to have a bit of power behind you, just declare the profit to the IRS and send them in to get their bit from the scam companies.

Isnt stealing your money really the same as attacking your very family. Without money, your kids(or you) dont eat. Maybe the management of these scam outfits could benefit from some "Machiavellian justice". That would save the next hapless bastard from being scammed. Americans,(myself included), have made these kind of lowlife scam outfits possible by "doing NOTHING". These POS humans should be brutalized , homogenized, frenchfried and sent quickly to their next incarnation(hopefully a dog turd).:)

Back