• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem UFX Markets Scam!!

I am having an issue with a company

Joseph Lim

Private, 1st Class
IF ONLY I found out about FPA earlier. I have been a victim of UFX Markets where USD130k was emptied from the investment account within a week in Sept 2014.

I joined UFX on 15 Sept 2014 with an initial investment was USD10k to join the 'mini membership' and was later enticed to top-up the account to USD50k to join the 'vip membership' to receive personalised coaching and lower broker fees.

Tom Marks was the senior account manager assigned to me and he started calling me everyday and sometimes a few times a day. He shared market information on gold, whether its up or down trend, to buy or to sell. Being new, I was reliant on his advice and information. Initially there was small profits which when I wanted to withdraw from the account, he did not agree and said to keep the money for further investment. After persistently saying that I need to verify that I can make withdrawal, he finally relented and allow small amount of withdrawal.
Then on 23 Sept, the big fall came – Kiss of Death as some call it. He has advised to trade on gold as it was falling. But the market went against me and I started making loses. He called several times that evening requesting to top up the account to keep the account afloat with positive equity balance as he believe that the trend will turn to my advantage. Nothing was done to cut loss and my account was wiped out almost entirely. I believe he fabricated the information with the intention to gain benefits from the loss. When I was anxious about the fluctuation, he told me it is normal and did nothing about it. At the end of the day I lost over USD100k that single day. (Details to the sequence of calls below)

Through my dealing with him, he is manipulative and used pressuring techniques to pressure me into trades and to invest more money for a larger account to have a bigger trading margin. I found it hard to understand that the withdrawal of funds of my account is very tedious and have to go through Tom Marks approval. The trading account was destined to lose since I can't take profit when I want to and have to bottomless pit.

When my account went burst, he again advised the Dow Jones is going to crash. A chance in many decades. I could recoup my lost if I deposit another USD50k. Naturally I rejected as I have lost confidence. When all my deals were going bad, Tom wasn't anxious to rectify or provide advice or cut loss except to top up and invest more to recoup and my account wasn't protected at any time.

I am believe the company's operation is dubious as Tom informed that they are based in UK but a check with the FCA revealed otherwise. This further fuelled my suspicion. Response from FCA’s representative “I can confirm that neither Tom Marks nor UFX Markets appear on our Financial Services Register. As such the firm is not authorised within the UK.”

After my inquiry with FCA and posts on FPA’s website, I contacted Alex Reynolds on 1 Oct with an attempt to resolve the issue without 3rd party involvement. With the above scenario and the following resolutions:

1. Return the account to before the trade out on 23 Sept at 11.01am at USD115,075.81 (ID: 10066542) with my additional deposit of USD10,000 (ID: 10068934) made on 23 Sept and process the total refund of USD125,075.81 to my credit cards
2. Refund entire USD131k based on P&L and process the full refund to my credit cards

On 2 Oct, I received a call from John Andrews asking if I would like to resolve this privately or 3rd party involvement. I replied that I would be happy if we could resolve amicably between us. Subsequent emails and calls from John basically was trying shove all responsibilities to me and that I made independent decisions and all defense against Tom. He cited some tele-conversations that were recorded. BUT obviously either he didn’t review all the conversations or the critical ones were not recorded! He only highlighted the call to Tom’s defence, ignoring the earlier call that took place which misled me to the trade.

Specifically on 23 Sept, Tom called and confidently advised to sell gold without saying the price but mentioned that I can take profit at $1,210 which I decided on my part to take profit at $1,209 instead. I took the position immediately to sell after we hang up at $1,213. Then he called again around 2-3 hours after the initial call when the price started to go badly against my trade and told me that most traders 'like to sell at $1,230 because this is the high'. I can’t help but feel that the first call was made deliberately to mislead me into the trade and the second call as a reminder that he is doing his job to warn me but too late.

After I pointed out the sequence of the calls, John replied to say ‘no one can control a trader’s decision once he decides to take action’. John then offered a ‘project to recover’ plan where I put in some more investment to recoup my losses through a structured trader training programme. I rejected his offer since it is irrelevant in my case as I wanted my scammed funds back. He also got agitated and aggressive when I asked him about FCA's comments. He asked aggressively if I wanted to go the legal way.

I did not hear from him since our last email on 7 Oct after rejecting his ‘project to recover’ plan and I reiterated on my stand for the refund. On 8 Oct, I sent him another email to provide resolution by today 9 Oct, again no response.

I would report to authorities such ActionFraud, Cysec, IFSC, Cyprus Police etc about this case.

Dear FPA and members, appreciate if you can let me know what else I can do.

I really urge all traders to beware of such scheming companies that fleece money overnight from traders.

I would report to authorities such ActionFraud, Cysec, IFSC, Cyprus Police etc about this case.

Dear FPA and members, appreciate if you can let me know what else I can do.

I also suggest you to drop a complaint to FCA How to complain - Financial Conduct Authority the reason I am suggesting that is because I have heard they want to get an FCA regulation and your complaint might harm their chances to get it

By the way, where are you from?

Hello Joseph Lim

Then on 23 Sept, the big fall came – Kiss of Death as some call it. He has advised to trade on gold as it was falling. But the market went against me and I started making loses. He called several times that evening requesting to top up the account to keep the account afloat with positive equity balance as he believe that the trend will turn to my advantage. Nothing was done to cut loss and my account was wiped out almost entirely. I believe he fabricated the information with the intention to gain benefits from the loss. When I was anxious about the fluctuation, he told me it is normal and did nothing about it. At the end of the day I lost over USD100k that single day. (Details to the sequence of calls below)

Specifically on 23 Sept, Tom called and confidently advised to sell gold without saying the price but mentioned that I can take profit at $1,210 which I decided on my part to take profit at $1,209 instead. I took the position immediately to sell after we hang up at $1,213. Then he called again around 2-3 hours after the initial call when the price started to go badly against my trade and told me that most traders 'like to sell at $1,230 because this is the high'. I can’t help but feel that the first call was made deliberately to mislead me into the trade and the second call as a reminder that he is doing his job to warn me but too late.

My own personal believe is, this issue as part of your quote (above) might be hard to prove in favor of your case, simply for the mere fact that you making the trade yourself and not the "manager", could take the onus of the broker - manager. :mad:

Also stating that you went against his/her request and choose your own price for profit taking, once again could have an adverse effect on this issue :mad:

Its a sad fact that these brokers assign "account managers" to advice/Assist investors on how to trade wisely, in this case it looks like the "manager" didn't do his job properly and the investor paid the heavy price.

I think the broker could take a long hard look at its "account manager's" action before and after this issue started, and act accordingly to resolve this issue. ;)

Can you add an image of your "Account History" or statements to give us (the members/guests) a better understanding of how this "manager" managed the account from start to finish.

Good luck
Liz

I also suggest you to drop a complaint to FCA How to complain - Financial Conduct Authority the reason I am suggesting that is because I have heard they want to get an FCA regulation and your complaint might harm their chances to get it

By the way, where are you from?

Hi Eddiger, I'm from Singapore. Thanks for your suggestion. I will do just that to complain to FCA.

No respond from UFX since then except for emails from the account manager to trade.

Hi Liz

Thanks, need all the luck I can get for dealing with these people.

All I can say is that they are very well trained in manipulating clients especially new traders who just started trading. Buy you trust and then blow it overnight.

I beg to differ about the of my own profit taking price, I would have suffered the same amount of damage regardless since the price didn't event went close to the take profit level but rather it went the total opposite direction. Unless price fell to 1,210 and bounce back up, missing my take profit at 1,209 then I have myself to blame. But in this case I was given misleading information altogether to enter at the wrong position.

Indeed this is a very heavy price to pay and I noticed that this is the same dirty trick other complainants reported on FPA.

Enclosed statement for reference. Another point I'm not quite sure is why for Trans ID 10031594, it's indicated as TP reached but the amount is shown as a debit? For earlier 'TP Reached' it has always been a credit.

FPA - Screenshot.jpgFPA - Screenshot 2.jpg

Hi Eddiger, I'm from Singapore. Thanks for your suggestion. I will do just that to complain to FCA.

No respond from UFX since then except for emails from the account manager to trade.

Little tip- they are operating from Israel using a "marketing" company called Toyga. Send them emails too and consider also a complaint to the Israeli Authorities https://www.google.co.il/webhp?sour...&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=israel financial regulator
Contact UFX/Toyga managers through Linkedin and Facebook.

Do what ever it needs to get your money back.

Little tip- they are operating from Israel using a "marketing" company called Toyga. Send them emails too and consider also a complaint to the Israeli Authorities https://www.google.co.il/webhp?sour...&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=israel financial regulator
Contact UFX/Toyga managers through Linkedin and Facebook.

Do what ever it needs to get your money back.

Thanks Eddiger for the tip. I didn't know I have to deal with people from Israel. This is shocking to know since the they always give the impression that they are British operating from UK.

I'll try to contact UFX/Toyga managers but would you know specifically who? I scan through the listing and many are account managers etc which I doubt will help very much in raising the case.

I really hope to get my money back but UFX John Andrews is ignoring my emails and it seems that more countries are involved here - UK, Cyprus, Belize and now Israel. Where they are physically located is a mystery.

If you could refer to the attachment in my reply to Liz, can you let me know if Trans ID 10031594 is dubious? Since its a 'Take Profit' but reflected as debit. I'm wondering if the trading platform is all but a scam with no real trade going on but just live feeds.

Such companies destroy lives and families. I wonder how many are there out there.

Hello Joseph Lim

Last know Director: Dennis de Jong, M.Sc., LL.M. (Reliantco Investments Ltd) regulated by the CySEC under license number 127/10

Good luck
Liz

Thanks Eddiger for the tip. I didn't know I have to deal with people from Israel. This is shocking to know since the they always give the impression that they are British operating from UK.

I'll try to contact UFX/Toyga managers but would you know specifically who? I scan through the listing and many are account managers etc which I doubt will help very much in raising the case.

I really hope to get my money back but UFX John Andrews is ignoring my emails and it seems that more countries are involved here - UK, Cyprus, Belize and now Israel. Where they are physically located is a mystery.

If you could refer to the attachment in my reply to Liz, can you let me know if Trans ID 10031594 is dubious? Since its a 'Take Profit' but reflected as debit. I'm wondering if the trading platform is all but a scam with no real trade going on but just live feeds.

Such companies destroy lives and families. I wonder how many are there out there.

I want to tell you a little secret- many FX companies are located in Israel (UFX, Bforex, HFX, YouTradeFX, Xforex, etc...) and most of the binary companies are Israeli using offshore companies and brand names.

You will find more names in through this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...x-com-ufxmarkets-ubinary-paragonex-toyga.html

Back