1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ufxmarkets.com

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by immortality1, Aug 29, 2012.

1. immortality1

immortality1 Recruit

i received an advert on my phone about how to make an income by trading with oil.
    After opening the webpage it seems to be very good, there are different options to choose from so as a pensioner i don't have much money to invest which was a very favorable on my side, so i choose the smallest option which was the "micro" option which only needs 100USD. So i transfer the amount, but there was no information in the micro division that inform me that i has to transfer another 400USD for advise by phone. later the day a lady called me and try to convince me to transfer another 400USD, she insist on my credit card's last digits, and i gave her wrong digits and there on the spot she tried to deduct the 400USD from my credit card, fortunately the transaction could not finalize, i kept on receiving emails that i has to submit copies of all of my necessary documents and credit card, then some small voice warned me. Then i wrote emails three times to reverse my transaction and refund me, but without success. So i stopped my credit card after i found out with my bank that they tried with another attempt to deduct money from my account.

These are the letters they wrote to me:

letter 1:
    Hello Dave Engelbrecht,
    A deposit has been successfully made to your trading account at UFXMarkets with the following details:
    Account username: immortality3
    Amount: 100 USD
    Transaction ID: 4034594
    Your current balance: 100
    Please keep this email for further reference.
    If you have any questions, please click here.
    You can also use our online chat in order to communicate with us immediately.
    Always at your service,
    The UFXMarkets Team

letter 2.
    Thank you for choosing UFXMarkets to be your Forex trading partner:
    Trade Forex, Indices, Commodities and CFD's online|UFXMarkets.com
    The following documents are required by all regulatory bodies (NFA, CYSEC, FSA) as a security measure and will be needed for any future withdrawals.The required documents are:
    a. ID or Passport
    b. A copy of a Utility Bill, Bank Statement, or Credit Card Statement dated within the last 3 months.
    3.)A copy of both the front and back of each credit card registered in our system.
    If you need any help with the submission of these documents please contact us.
    Please note that UFXMarkets has the right to block any account that does not submit documents within a 3 day period from the opening of the account.

You may submit your scanned documents to compliance1@UFXMarkets.com or by faxing to: +44.207.681.1810.
    For any more help do not hesitate to contact us.
    Sincerely,
    Michael Rand
    Compliance Officer
    MichaelR@UFXMarkets.com

Letter 3
    Hello Dave Engelbrecht,
    Thank you for choosing UFXMarkets as your Forex trading partner – we are here to help you make money and assist you in any way.
    You have been registered successfully with the following details:

Username:
    Password:
    Please keep this email for further reference.

In order to complete your registration process, and activate your account, the following documents are required:
    1. A photocopy of your Identification Card or Passport
    2. A photocopy of a utility bill, clearly indicating your address and name on the account

In order for you to start trading with ease, please click here to login:
    If you have any questions, please click here,and our dedicated customer support managers will make sure to answer you ASAP.
    Also, please feel free to contact our customer support team, through the online chat for the fastest service we can provide.

Always at your service,

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Technically, you have to provide the documents before UFX can refund your money.

Since UFX apparently tried to make unauthorized transactions against your credit card, call the issuing bank IMMEDIATELY and ask to speak to someone in the fraud department. Discuss with that person whether or not it will be possible to initiate a chargeback on all the deposits or not.

Please keep this thread up to date to let everyone know how it goes.

3. RP1

RP1 Corporal

Yes chargeback will be the way to go for this. Also that telephone number is a UK one . File a complaint with FSA

Here is the regulation information for this broker.
    Forex Trading with UFXMarkets