Upcoming Signals Overview (April 18 ~ 22, 2011)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey folks:

Last week, the U.S. market reported an increase in retail sales which supports the growing trend of the last nine months. The rise in commodity and oil prices continues to threaten CPI but at a moderate level. OPEC announced that they weren’t going to increase efforts to drill higher volumes of oil to offset the rising prices in gas.

BOC decided to maintain an overnight target rate of 1% while UK inflation showed a reverse trend of the last eight months by dropping .4%. UK unemployment still remains at an undesirably high rate therefore major changes in market trends ought not to be expected.

There are 6 tradable news events for this week:

1. Tue April 19, 2011- 7:00 am EST- CAD Core CPI m/m

Historical Chart and Data

2. Wed April 20, 2011- 4:30 am EST- GBP MPC Meeting Minutes

3. Wed April 20, 2011- 10:00 am EST- USD Existing Home Sales

4. Thu April 21, 2011- 4:30 am EST- GBP Retail Sales m/m

5. Thu April 21, 2011- 8:30 am EST- CAD Core Retail Sales m/m

6. Thu April 21, 2011- 10:00 am EST- USD Philly Fed Manufacturing Index

This week, we want to pay close attention to the BOE as the vote count and conclusions from the MPC minutes meeting are released.
The Canadian and British retail numbers will hope to project an upward trend while the U.S. clings anxiously to news concerning unemployment claims.

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Job Well Done!!!

Hi Henry, I so much fancy your analysis. Its great keep up also I would like to meet you here in FLORIDA. I'm a Pilot Student at Phoenix East Aviation Inc, Daytona Beach FL. I've been into FX MARKET since 2007 infact this is the only I use in financing my studies here......So please let's arrange on how to meet I'm so much eager to meet you. Here's my e-mail; aniediongakpan@yahoo.com and martsmike@yahoo.com. please keep in touch.

Thanks

Thanks Henry !

Folks,

I've put updated my Google calendar with the release times above.

If you don't already have it, it gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I update this based on news listed in the FPA calendar and then update every week shortly after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calendar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 166
A Job Well Done

Hi,
I must thank you for the good job you have been doing there are few like you out there dont stop the good work. I have been following your signal for some time now and i must say i am realy impressed,You are realy a GURU.

Error with emails signals you send out

When sending out emails in ref to trading signals, when you attach a time for the signals, please include the time zones for same. Thanks

Back