Upcoming Signals Overview (August 2~6, 2010)

Thanks Henry for the weekly calendar :- )

BTW, in the times you've given, I think you mean "EDT" rather than "EST", since NY time is currently in daylight savings mode.

(EDT is Eastern Daylight Time, which is one hour ahead of EST - Eastern Standard Time)

Cheers!

How To Get News Fast?

Dear Henry,

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful work on the news trading signals as well as your general forex insights.

My main problem in trading the news is in getting the data as soon as it is published. In my case, by the time I have seen the figures the move has usually occurred and so I am unable to take advantage.

Please could you kindly advise which is the best f*ree source (or sources) to get the news immediately and so be able to trade the signals.

Thanks in advance and please continue your great work.

Best wishes,

Hiram Carrington

Aud seems to be following the techinicals for now

I do understand the fundamental analysis, but we can't just base trading on a belief

I believe this or believe that with respect to educated and historical personal experience.

Let the market actually tell you something.

Currently the AUD is telling me to follow the trendline
Although the fundamental could actually make it change direction, however it has not happened yet and until then, I speculate it's not as likely to change direction until we actually see it confirm it's direction
We are now seeing higher,highs, and higher,low which means still moving in the direction of the trend. At least for now anyhow.

Remember ( the trend is your friend until it bends) basic technical knowledge

Everyone shrink up the AUD chart on the daily and 4hr chart and draw your trend lines

See my post and images,
News seems a great way to trade, but my opinion is it should line with the technical's.

If the news opposes the technical analysis my opinion is to stay out until the news confirms the direction of the markets.
News can change the direction and then you will see following waves in the new direction.

Why jump in and out on news all the time when the market has not told us that it's changing direction yet ?

Well, that's just my opinion, but I think this will save people a lot of time and money to make sure there is good reason to be in a trade.

The question is why did I trade ? Why am I in the market, Why am I exiting.

With news, it's based on the report and at least some historical personal experience, however if someone tells you something then you don't really know their level of personal experience without knowing the history of the person and the track record of the persons trading habits.

So it's purely emotional to trade based on no backround information at all really.

An entry strategy and an exit strategy is needed.
Let the market tell you when to trade.

Is the market going up, or is it going down, or is it going sideways.

Do you have a plan to trade the market based on up/down/or sideways.

If you have any doubt about your trade then (when in doubt stay out) otherwise it's just like Vegas. Hoping, praying, believing in a good trade with no trading plan.

Anyhow, Happy trading, it's just my opinion, but draw your trend-lines and see what I mean. The Aud seems pretty clear at the moment anyhow, and yes that could change, but not likely so far.

Lets see what happens.

Happy trading

Thanks and views on USD/JPY

Thanks Henry for your news updates. I don't trade all of the news, but do partake from the plate of pips every couple of weeks or so. Reading the news should be a religion for any trader, whether a person trades it or not. To be honest, the best help I get from the news is when to stay the heck out of the market. This alone has saved me lots of money.

I'm no expert, but have been watching the USD/JPY for weeks waiting on the "big bounce". I agree that a really good place to take a long position would be around 84.50 to 85.00, but don't want to jump too soon. The pair hasn't been that low since mid 1995 where it basically bottomed out at 82.00 and the rebound was significant (106.00). I don't think we'll see anything like that kind of resurrection, but feel like a move to 92.00 to 93.00 is definitely likely. Especially if interest rates move up on the JPY in the near future.
Just my opinion and observation. That and a $5 bill will get you a "mocha latte grande" at the local coffee shop.

Thanks again for your news analysis and keep us posted on your USD/JPY opinions for market entry. I'm really looking forward to great "long" streak on this one really soon, but have also learned that patience is a virtue and always confirm the trend, especially in forex.

ouch!!

1000 pips overnight if I had enter! ouch!

I wasnt sure, as you said that 85 was a good entrey price. Also don't know what is the interrelation of the upcoming release of NFP next friday, so I asked what was your plan.
This morning I found it 1000 pips higher, which confirmed your approx 85 entry point from sunday. I just didnt have the guts to trade with a 300 points stop loss.

guess it will keep moving and hopefuly will catch it next time.

Brilliant analysis henry!

? you mean 100 pips no big deal there plenty more entries to come. And 84.80 is the the main low from 11/27/09 id watch that area if it can get back but that will depend on NFP... crosses look good for a breakout to if the Jpy does indeed bounce up like it looks like, watch the gbp/jpy and eur/jpy to fly

Where are the optimal deviation figures?

Hello FPA team and forum members,

Does anyone know where the optimal deviation figures can be found for the major news releases?

Thanks,

Lee.

Hello FPA team and forum members,

Does anyone know where the optimal deviation figures can be found for the major news releases?

Thanks,

Lee.

There is no hard and fast set of deviations because what worked 6 months ago might not work so well now, but you have a couple of options. One is to use Henry's triggers that he gives. Another is to use someone else's (Sir Pipsalot, Crazy Cat, etc.). But the best option is to just do the research yourself, and decide on your own what deviation you'll use. Sadly, most people don't want to do this as it requires work. But if you are seeking independence, and want to own your trading rather than just have a "guru" tell you what to do, read on.

You can use the FPA Calendar (link above in the drop down list). It gives you all the info you need. Historical deviations going back years, pips movements on various pairs, various chart timeframes, etc. And it's all free. If you are serious about trading news, and want to make serious money, doing this research YOURSELF is essential in my opinion.

But whatever you choose, those are some options to consider. Best wishes...

Last edited:
Back