Upcoming Signals Overview (August 23~27, 2010)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey folks:

It's Henry Liu here once again with this week's upcoming tradable releases. As usual, I'll be posting a more detailed analysis for each of the releases below just a day prior to the scheduled time. So make sure you check back in the Current Forex Trading Signals section.

1. Tue August 24, 2010 8:30am EDT - CA Core Retail Sales
Historical Chart & Data

2. Tue August 24, 2010 10:00am EDT - U.S. Existing Home Sales
Historical Chart & Data

3. Wed August 25, 2010 10:00am EDT - U.S. New Home Sales
Historical Chart & Data

4. Fri August 27, 2010 4:30am EDT - UK Revised GDP q/q
Historical Chart & Data

5. Fri August 27, 2010 8:30am EDT - US Prelim GDP q/q
Historical Chart & Data

And here are some untradable releases:

1. Wed August 25, 2010 8:30am - US Durable Goods - This release has been ignored for the last couple of years.
  2. Thu August 26, 2010 8:30am - US Unemployment Claims - Once again, this is a weekly report which has been ignored.

Looking at the market this week, this is how the market ended last week:

• EUR lost 0.5% against USD
  • GBP lost 0.5% against USD
  • CAD lost 0.5% against USD
  • AUD remained unchanged
  • NZD remained unchanged
  • JPY gained 1.0% against USD
  • CHF gained 1.5% against USD

Undoubtedly the risk aversion sentiment is likely to continue as market should be selling EUR/USD and possibly pushing it down to the 1.2500 level. As far as higher yield currencies such as AUD and NZD, I believe they will also suffer if the risk aversion sentiment were to continue... Therefore I'd definitely be looking to SELL on any significant up moves...

AUD/USD around the 0.90000 level
EUR/USD around the 1.2850~1.2900 level

With both q/q GDPs from UK and US scheduled on Friday, I believe there might be a chance for some pre-news trading as we get closer to Friday. I'll be releasing a more detailed analysis in the coming days.

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your hard work Henry - and good luck to all this week! :)

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your own Google Calendar (if you use Google Calendar!). This gives you the following:
  1. Notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)
  2. Translates the time into your local timezone
  3. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week). See accompanying screenshots attached:
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every Sunday/Monday after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calenar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading Signals Calendar Sample 1.png
    Trading Signals Calendar Sample 1.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,073
  • Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 1.png
    Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 1.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 1,048
  • Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 2.png
    Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 2.png
    2 KB · Views: 1,038
  • Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 3.png
    Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 3.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 4.png
    Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 4.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,040
Thank you

Thanks Henry for your excellent info. I have certainly been consistently making pips for some time now from your signals. Keep up the great work, much appreciated. I am also in the 10kto1mm and have high confidence in your knowledge. All the best:)
Also thanks to Huwee for the calendar and sms setup. Good thinking:)

Thank's a lot henry for your super analysis and i wish you never get boring to share your analysis here. You always get support here and i wish every FPA members can get money from your great analysis.

Nice Work

Thanks Henry for the weekly analysis. I wish i'll catch up with some pips this week. Looking forward to daily detailed analysis.

Thanks ones again.:):):)

Sam.

Thanks

Hi Henry

Just to let you know that you are doing a great job and keep it up,I made up to 400 pips based on your analysis last week and i pray this will last for ever.

Cheers

Thanks Henry...
How about German IFO at Wed August 25, 2010 4:00am? Don't you think this news tradable? Or too early for US?

Back