Upcoming Signals Overview (Feb 15 - Feb 19)

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat with an overview of the upcoming week.

I will email you 24 hours before the time of each report, and tell you exactly how to trade it. This is just an overview.

1. Tuesday, Feb 16th (04:30 New York time) UK
We will be trading UK CPI m/m

2. Tuesday, Feb 16th (05:00 New York time) GERMANY
We will be trading German ZEW

3. Thursday, Feb 18th (08:30 New York time) CANADA
We will be trading Canadian CPI

4. Friday, Feb 19th (04:30 New York time) UK (HOT!)
We will be trading UK Retail Sales

5. Friday, Feb 19th (08:30 New York time) CANADA
We will be trading Canadian Retail Sales

6. Friday, Feb 19th (08:30 New York time) USA
We will be trading US CPI

The rest of the economic indicators that are coming out this week are not worth trading, in my opinion. You can see the entire list by visiting FPA calendar: Forex news trading calendar with economic events analysis and currency exchange charts

To see the history of each report with charts, simply click the "file box" to the right of each report.

Let me repeat myself...this is just an overview email, you will be receiving an email for each individual economic report, with exact instructions on how to trade it. You will get these emails 24 hours prior to their release time.

Good luck
--Crazy Cat

cool, looking forward to it

i made some points last week thanks to you guys. i clicked through about 10 banners to leave a tip in your tip jar, i hope others do the same. :)

keep it up.

Crazy Cat,

Oustanding work.
I have a question, hope you can help me on this.
I read in the lasts threads that you recommend users to try different brokers and I understand that you shouldn't give any names either, but I will be huge help if you can guide me by answering this question so I know if the brokers I'm trying are good or not.

Using NSW, how many pips did you (or anyone you know) acutally got in the last (or last two) week with the triggers you recommend?

Do you believe that a good broker can trade 1 or even 2 lots and still be reliable? or What is the volume limit that you recommend?

Thank you for all your help

Using NSW, how many pips did you (or anyone you know) acutally got in the last (or last two) week with the triggers you recommend?

Do you believe that a good broker can trade 1 or even 2 lots and still be reliable? or What is the volume limit that you recommend?

I can give you an estimate to try to judge if your broker is good enough or not.

I managed to make 31 pips on Australian report last week and another 11 on New Zealand one. It's less, than 1/3 of the maximal possible profit in the last week, but it's still ok for me. Because risk is very low for these trades. Lot sizes 3.5 both times (350000). I think one should not exceed 5 lots with a single broker.

I made a mistake on the New Zealand one though. If I played it right I could enter a few seconds earlier and it could be easily around 30 pips instead of 11.

I can give you an estimate to try to judge if your broker is good enough or not.

I managed to make 31 pips on Australian report last week and another 11 on New Zealand one. It's less, than 1/3 of the maximal possible profit in the last week, but it's still ok for me. Because risk is very low for these trades. Lot sizes 3.5 both times (350000). I think one should not exceed 5 lots with a single broker.

I made a mistake on the New Zealand one though. If I played it right I could enter a few seconds earlier and it could be easily around 30 pips instead of 11.

Thanks mate, your feedback is very valuable, I need to find a better broker. Am i wrong estimating that with Crazy Cat guidance, and a good broker the monthly ROI can be aroun 100%?

Thanks mate, your feedback is very valuable, I need to find a better broker. Am i wrong estimating that with Crazy Cat guidance, and a good broker the monthly ROI can be aroun 100%?

Well... it's more complicated, than this. If you open a 10.000 USD account and trade with 3-5 lots on each event, you can easily double it in less than a month playing news. But it's risking 20% of the account on each trade (using 20 pips SLs), which is not acceptable if you don't have another 90.000 USD sitting on some bank account in case something goes wrong a few times in the row.

You cannot do the same with 100.000 USD and one broker though, even the best broker in the world. Forget about fast filling of 30-50 lots orders. It's hard enough to find a broker, which fills these 3-5 lots orders most of the time reliably around news times.

You can split your positions among many brokers, but it's not easy as well. The first obstacle is finding these many brokers, which are good enough for news trading. Finding one is hard enough... :)

Well... it's more complicated, than this. If you open a 10.000 USD account and trade with 3-5 lots on each event, you can easily double it in less than a month playing news. But it's risking 20% of the account on each trade (using 20 pips SLs), which is not acceptable if you don't have another 90.000 USD sitting on some bank account in case something goes wrong a few times in the row.

You cannot do the same with 100.000 USD and one broker though, even the best broker in the world. Forget about fast filling of 30-50 lots orders. It's hard enough to find a broker, which fills these 3-5 lots orders most of the time reliably around news times.

You can split your positions among many brokers, but it's not easy as well. The first obstacle is finding these many brokers, which are good enough for news trading. Finding one is hard enough... :)

I don't understand. What happens if i try to open a 30-50 lots?

Thanks

Hello Habrys,

I have to correct you. In case of $10.000 account balance you risk "only" 10% of your account with 20 pips SL, which is acceptable (at least for me) when considering to lost 20 pips as a worst case scenario. If you study the news and know their behaviour you can avoid these WCSs in a consecutive rows They do not happen many times (thanks God). You can always lower your lot sizes when entering news trade that you don't find very reliable and adjust your risk management by that. However, in forex nothing is 100%, and you have to count with every possibility that can happen even when trading the most reliable news. I encountered whipsaws due human errors or delayed news releases, news leaks, etc... Everyone should count with that while trading the news.

Btw. my calculation above is valid only in perfect forex environment and can be pretty different from reality considering slippages during entries or SL. In case you have 20 pips SL and experience that nasty 20 SL slippage you lose 40 pips and in this case you're right, 20% of your account is gone, which is really not acceptable.

I don't understand. What happens if i try to open a 30-50 lots?

Well... if your broker is ECN, and you want let's say buy these 50 lots as fast as possible (before spike), a partner (or partners) for this transaction has to be found - someone who's willing to sell 50 lots at the price before the spike. This is how an ECN broker works. It pairs opposite transactions and gets small provision for that. At normal times it's usually no problem, but at news time almost everybody wants to (let's say) buy and almost nobody sells. You won't get filled or will get filled partially and/or at a bad price (far above the before spike price). You have much better chance to get filled fast and at a good price with smaller size of your order (3-5 lots for example).

With a normal broker (so called "bucketshop") it's even worse. They usually don't pair transactions immediately, but in larger units every few seconds or even minutes. So for these your buy at the before-spike-price is usually a pure loss. Because they have to buy (execute your order in reality some time after it got executed in the platform) at the after spike price. Now if the broker is large enough and you don't play with large money (like 50 lots), you have a good chance to stay out of attention. Otherwise they probably will begin to make news trading very difficult or even impossible for you. Manual execution, artificial slippage, sudden widening of spreads, delays in execution (a few seconds can be enough to turn your otherwise profitable trade into loss at news times). And you can do nothing against it, because all these situations can just happen at very volatile market (like when price moves 50 pips in 3 seconds). It's often even clearly stated in the contract.

The only thing you can do then is to try to find another reliable broker before you lose too much. And it's not easy.

Last edited:
I have to correct you. In case of $10.000 account balance you risk "only" 10% of your account with 20 pips SL

Yes, that's right of course, my bad. I have my account nominated in another currency, not USD and it seems, that I have these 20% burned into my mind already :) So I just wrote it here without thinking...

And that's also right - not only signals reported here as FAILED can lead to loses. But still, it's the most reliable method of trading I found so far.

Last edited:
Back