Upcoming Signals Overview (January 10 ~ 14, 2011)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey Folks:

Last week's market was driven by strong USD strength partly due to the improved fundamental outlook and the positive expectation for the NFP release set during early week. However, market fell into utter confusion immediately after the NFP release as traders needed time to digest the worse than expected release figures. But when all dusts settled towards the end of the day, USD remained strong and it is my opinion that the general USD bullishness remains unchanged, and if anything, last Friday's NFP release provided evidence that the U.S. economy is recovering on trend, althought not as fast as we would like, it is recovering nonetheless.

Therefore, I'd be leaning towards general USD strength for the week. i.e. I would prefer to be BUYING USD instead of SELLING it. Any news event in the direction of USD is expected to move a bit more than against it, in my opinion.

Here's the list for the news releases for the week:

1. Wed. January 12, 2011 - 7:30pm EST - AU Employment Change
Historical Chart & Data

2. Thu. January 13, 2011 - 7:00am EST - UK BOE Rate Decision
Historical Chart & Data

3. Thu. January 13, 2011 - 7:45am EST - EU ECB Rate Decision
Historical Chart & Data

4. Fri. January 14, 2011 - 8:30am EST - US Core CPI
Historical Chart & Data

5. Fri. January 14, 2011 - 8:30am EST - US Core Retail Sales
Historical Chart & Data

The main event for the week is the Retail Sales out of US on Friday. Since 66% of U.S. GDP is comprised of Retail Sales, this data is very likely to move the market, plus this will be the first time for the market to get an official reading over the December consumer spending report.

Of course, if we do get a strong Retail Sales, which is very likely, market could be gearing up for the upcoming US 4th Quarter GDP on the 28th of January and we could see some more USD buying starting next week.

If you keep your focus on the big picture, you'd soon see that market is not as random as you once believed.

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your hard work Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every week after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calendar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 270
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 267
This Calendar Rocks!!!!

Thank you soooooo much for creating this calendar. I can't tell you how many releases I have missed because I forgot about this. This is the best thing since sliced bread!!.:D

hi henry sir

Thank you soooooo much for creating this calendar. I can't tell you how many releases I have missed before this servise This is the best thing since sliced bread!!.: you are great sir i love your job so much . thanks for thiz really really really thank you sir

Back