Upcoming Signals Overview (January 17 ~ 21, 2011)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey Folks:

This week is a bit light on news trading, but there are plenty of ongoing market situation developing, such as the Euro Zone debate over the rescue fund, Portugal's possible bailout, and so on... Therefore, aside from these tradable releases below, I'd definitely suggest paying attention to any rumor or news releases regarding the European debt crisis.

Here's the list for the tradable news releases for the week:

1. Tue January 18, 2011 - 4:30am EST - UK CPI y/y
Historical Data & Chart

2. Tue January 18, 2011 - 9:00am EST - CA BOC Rate Decision
Historical Data & Chart

3. Wed January 19, 2011 - 4:45pm EST - NZ CPI q/q
Historical Data & Chart

4. Thu January 20, 2011 - 10:00am EST - US Existing Home Sales
Historical Data & Chart

5. Thu January 20, 2011 - 4:45pm EST - NZ Retail Sales
Historical Data & Chart

6. Fri January 21, 2011 - 4:30am EST - UK Retail Sales
Historical Data & Chart

7. Fri January 21, 2011 - 8:30am EST - CA Retail Sales
Historical Data & Chart

... of course, there are other untradable news releases but could potentially move the market, such as CNY CPI and GDP on Wednesday, plus some minor releases from Euro Zone...

Looking at how the EUR gained 3.5% against USD last week, unless we get more positive news out of Europe this week, we are likely to see some consolidation. Therefore, I'd recommend to use caution and not chase a LONG trade for EURUSD during early week.

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your hard work Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every week after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calendar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 251
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 252
thank you for the update.

as a matter of fact, i have not be able to using you system since i open the website, can you please tell me how it works, so that i can benefit from it.
thank you

Awesome!! thank u huwee!
Thanks for your hard work Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every week after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calendar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Is there a live trade room for each trade?

Henry, I just joined today and watched the short video you did demonstrating the retracement trade. Is there a live room where you all trade each release together or do we just trade them on our own?

Hi Mr Henry,
I am a bit surprised you ruled out the employment numbers out of the UK today. So you believe the NZD CPI will move the markets more strongly?
Thanks and a happy new year

Back