Upcoming Signals Overview (June 6 ~ June 10, 2011)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
The economy struggled to maintain any consistency last week as global manufacturing dropped significantly across the globe due to weak demand amidst high energy costs. U.S. consumer confidence remained low according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. They also reported a dismal Nonfarm payroll release. Yet, the U.S. reported a positive ISM Non Manufacturing PMI release which indicates that purchasers remain optimistic for the summer.

Canada’s Feb. GDP was revised to -.1% from -.2%, and Mar. GDP came out at +0.3%. Still, BOC policymakers decided to hold on interest rate hikes but are focusing on the medium term outlook as economic progress remains on an optimistic trend.

Here are the most important trade release for next week:

1. Monday June 6, 2011- 10:00am- CA IVEY PMI
Historical Chart and Data

2. Tuesday June 7, 2011- 12:30am- AU RBA Interest Rate

3. Wednesday June 8, 2011- 5:00 pm- NZ Interest Rate

4. Wednesday June 8, 2011- 9:30 pm- AU Employment Change

5. Thursday June 9, 2011- 7:00am- UK Interest Rate

6. Thursday June 9, 2011- 7:45am- EU Interest Rate

7. Thursday June 9, 2011- 8:30am- ECB Rate Statement / Trichet Press
Conference

8. Friday June 10, 2011- 7:00am- CA Employment Change

In the Pacific, Australian and New Zealand policymakers are expected to hold on interest rate hikes after a steady month economic progress. New Zealand reported strong export numbers as a result of record high commodity prices such as dairy, meat, and wood. The UK will also look to hold interest rates at .50%. CAD may be well supported pending Ivey PMI release early in the week following an improvement in the monthly GDP report.

The most important news of the week will be on Thursday when the ECB press conference is held. Rates are expected to remain at 1.25% as Euro Zone members face further sovereign debt concerns for Greece and other peripheral members.

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks,

I've updated my Google calendar with the release times above. Apologies last week I left in two releases which weren't actually included on the final FPA signal list - I was sick and obviously wasn't paying 100% attention :-\

If you don't already have the calendar, it gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'FPA's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'FPA's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I update this calendar based on news listed in the FPA & ForexFactory calendar (up to a few months in advance) and then update every week shortly after the official FPA trading signals come out, so you should only need to add the calendar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you news trade :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 328
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 322
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 323
Question

Dear Henry,

first i would like to much thank you for your efforts , god bless u .. i started following your posts a month ago , and its amazing how can a person benefit from it. yet i have a question regarding news trading , normally i use forexfactory to monitor the news announcements , but it is always hard for me to catch up with trade as the results are somehow delayed. when i watched your video about the retracement method , i noticed you were listening to the results i dunno on a radio channel or a tv ... i googled alot to find something similar like an online tv or radio where i can hear these announcements .. hope you could help with that.

I have exactely the same question.

How can I pick up the newest CA IVEY PMI-rating in time ?

website/ radio / tv ?

Want Quick News Releases?

You have to pay for fast news service. Real time is about $200 per month.

i use SNW , google it.

works very well , can use it to trade the spikes IF you find a broker that doesnt mess about with lag , slippage etc.

if you find one then please tell me ;)

i'm currently working on an app to make trading the news with MT4 much easier , i might release it to the public ;)

the problem with mt4 is that you cant place an order on a chart quickly with TP and stop loss. fo example :

you may want to buy with eur/usd and sell with usd/jpy. you want to place the order with a stop loss and maybe a tp doing it at the moment is a royal pain in the but.

So one app , interfaces with MT4 , you set up the pairs you want to use for buy sell etc.

when the time comes one click can setup the oder in the relevant chart , place a line 15 pips from the entry point.

this is work in progress if i get enough interest i'll push harder

Simon , I have google SNW and get a lot of sites about technologies

Im finding same service for news that most people here (cause Im deleting F5 key refreshing the browser in the news page )

Any other tips for a noob guy ?

Fast Economic News - Secret News Weapon - Forex News

i warn you now unless you have a good broker that DOESN'T increase spread and has little slippage then your burning money.

SNW does everything it says it does and does it very well but with a bad broker then its like driving an F1 car through a trafffic jam.

it will tell you the news result VERY Fast but if your trading the retrace do you really need it that fast ?

i'm working on a variant as said in previous post

if you do know a good broker then tell me , Forex.com (Requotes) , Cantor (Requotes) and MBTRading(No Requotes but VERY slow fills(avg 50 secs)) all suck at spike trading. i've heard that TDFX raise the spread to 30 pips during news release.

if you really want to spike trade then maybe a VPS is the answer...

heres the logic.

you live in the uk , you have an account with a uk broker , your using SNW.

what you may not realise is that even though your broker is uk based , the actual trade servers are in New York. SNW is in New York.

so when you run SNW and it sends you a Buy Signal , the Signal travels from NY to the UK over many hops. the SNW Client then initiates a buy click , your buy order now goes over more hops to reach your trade server in NY.

by getting a vps based in New York your cutting down vastly on the distance , which means less milliseconds. less milliseconds greatly improves the chance of a better fill.

if you dont know what a hop is open a command prompt in windows and type "tracert www.google.com"

Back