Upcoming Signals Overview (March 28 ~ April 1, 2011)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey folks:

Sorry for the delay this week, but since we don't have any tradable news during early week, I decided to take a little time to work on a personal project of mine...

And looking at this week, the focus is obviously on the juggernaut news event - US NFP - scheduled for Friday... Therefore, I'd expect to see further weakness in the JPY as positive US news may make the greenback a more attractive safe haven currency than CHF and JPY.

Here are the tradable releases for the week:

1. Wed March 30, 2011 - 8:15am EST (NY Time) - US ADP NFP
Historical Chart & Data

2. Wed March 30, 2011 - 8:30pm EST (NY Time) - AU Retail Sales
Historical Chart & Data

3. Thu March 31, 2011 - 8:30am EST (NY Time) - CA GDP m/m
Historical Chart & Data

4. Fri April 1, 2011 - 8:30am EST (NY Time) - US NFP Employment
Historical Chart & Data

...and we'll skip both Manufacturing PMIs on Friday as the focus for the day should be on NFP.

With current situation in Libya and Japan still unclear plus sovereign debt crisis concerns dominating the market, USD may be benefitting from multiple directions this week...

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I update this based on news listed in the FPA calendar and then update every week shortly after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calendar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 118