Upcoming Signals Overview (March 7 ~ 11, 2011)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey Folks:

The market is still rather focused on the risk aversion development in the Middle East and there are now possibilities of spilling over to Saudi Arabia. But a closer look at the current market situation convinces me that the tension will ease eventually as the situation in Libya is likely to be resolved (3-7-11 9:31am Arab Press stating that Kaddafi is negotiating with opposition) soon and the economy in Saudi Arabia is in a totally different state than Libya, civil unrest is not likely to escalate to civil war and interrupt crude supplies.

However, speculators will speculate regardless, and with 90% of the currency market being driven by speculators, we may see market getting a bit more antsy before recovering... but with the U.S. NFP release last Friday, I do see the light at the end of tunnel, at least for USD...

Therefore, please keep this context in mind when trading news this week.
We have only a few tradable releases, so I would expect a sentiment driven market as results of the geopolitical development.

Here's the list of tradable releases:

1. Wed March 9, 2011 - 3:00pm EST - NZ RBNZ Rate Decision
Historical Chart & Data

2. Wed March 9, 2011 - 7:30pm EST - AU Employment Change
Historical Chart & Data

3. Thu March 10, 2011 - 7:00am EST - UK BOE Rate Decision
Historical Chart & Data

4. Fri March 11, 2011 - 7:00am EST - CA Employment Change
Historical Chart & Data

5. Fri March 11, 2011 - 8:30am EST - US Core Retail Sales
Historical Chart & Data

... We will also watch the CPI y/y release from China at 9:00pm EST on Thursday. Although it is not tradable, I do believe that a weaker than expected release will probably drive down AUD a bit...

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I update this based on news listed in the FPA calendar and then update every week shortly after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calendar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 157
Urgent oil to hit 200 a barrell possible

Henry (possible senario)

Please warn people about the 11 March 2011 Day of Rage by muslim brotherhood "Lindsey williams" USD to crash big time oil to sky rocket to $200-$225 a barrell. global control of economies via oil hike. options are trading oil for 200 a barrel please research yourself key elements , Why did NFP not push the usd further up?

Henry (possible senario)

Please warn people about the 11 March 2011 Day of Rage by muslim brotherhood "Lindsey williams" USD to crash big time oil to sky rocket to $200-$225 a barrell. global control of economies via oil hike. options are trading oil for 200 a barrel please research yourself key elements , Why did NFP not push the usd further up?

Thanks Johnass. I think that scenario is highly unlikely. But, yes there are options betting crude to move to $200 and I think that's just nuts.

Back