Upcoming Signals Overview (November 1 ~ 5, 2010)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey Folks:

We've got a very busy week ahead, a few interest rate decisions, including FOMC on Wednesday, plus ending the week with U.S. NFP on Friday. One thing is for sure, it's going to be an interesting week.

1. Mon Nov. 1, 2010 5:30am EDT - UK Manufacturing PMI
Historical Data & Chart

2. Mon Nov. 1, 2010 10:00am EDT - US ISM Manufacturing PMI
Historical Data & Chart

3. Mon Nov. 1, 2010 11:30pm EDT - AU RBA Interest Rate Decision
Historical Data & Chart

4. Wed Nov. 3, 2010 5:30am EDT - UK Services PMI
Historical Data & Chart

5. Wed Nov. 3, 2010 8:15am EDT - US ADP NFP
Historical Data & Chart

6. Wed Nov. 3, 2010 10:00am EDT - US ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI
Historical Data & Chart

7. Wed Nov. 3, 2010 2:15pm EDT - US FOMC Statement
Historical Data & Chart

8. Wed Nov. 3, 2010 8:30pm EDT - AU Retail Sales
Historical Data & Chart

9. Thu Nov. 4, 2010 8:00am EDT - UK BOE Rate Decision
Historical Data & Chart

10. Thu Nov. 4, 2010 8:45am EDT - EU ECB Rate Decision
Historical Data & Chart

11. Fri Nov. 5, 2010 7:00am EDT - CA Employment Change
Historical Data & Chart

12. Fri Nov. 5, 2010 8:30am EDT - US NFP Employment Change
Historical Data & Chart

... and some untradable releases.

We've got tons of untradable releases, either they do not provide any trend change impacts, or they just have random track records. I'd just concentrate on the tradable releases.

This week's focus will obviously be on the FOMC Statement on Wednesday and NFP release on Friday. I believe a major rally for USD is coming, and based on the outcome for FOMC, we could see traders unwinding their short USD trades...

Because of the long-term nature of market sentiments, I believe it is best to be safe than sorry. Therefore waiting until after FOMC meeting may actually be a much safer idea, as whatever trend market decides to follow after FOMC should last for a least a few more weeks...

And as always, I'll be providing more detailed analysis for you in my future posts.

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your hard work Henry !

Folks,

Note there's only 4 hours difference between UK and New York time this week, so more important than ever to get your times correct :) Next week it will be back to 5 hours difference.

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every week after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calenar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Sample.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 557
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 564
Questions

Hello
You sent me severals mails that talk about trade. I am not a trader I am a simple Civil Engeneer.All these announcements are not interesting for me .The only things that I want from you is to help me Identify some scammers.

bad broker

i traded aud short,but made 7pips loss.my broker robbed me i enterd d trade at 37,but my broker took me in at 22.and that ws 14pips negative.dont understand why.am really upset

What do I do about this broker?

Hi thanks for all the forex insight you give. I find them useful. They would make me good money too, if my broker would just be professional and straight with traders.

On Nov. 2, 2010 I placed a buy stop order on the MT4 platform at 0.98982 on the AUDUSD pair in readiness for the cash rate news release that morning. However the order got filled in at 0.99663! That's 681 pips higher than my order!

Naturally, I wrote my broker a little complaint note. About an hour later, they sent a tart reply reminding me that I had signed an agreement allowing them to enter my orders at the "next best rate" when it's not possible (I read convenient) for them to enter my orders at the declared rate. I got their message.

I have taken my fair share of losses trading forex, but I do not run to this broker whining about them. Since I take my losses bravely, I think I'm being professional in my trading activity. The least I expect from my broker is that they will be professional and enter my orders where I place them, not at some 700 pips variance to my disadvantage. This kind of sharp practice presents them in bad light... and right now I'm really considering my next step concerning them.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for all the forex insight you give. I find them useful. They would make me good money too, if my broker would just be professional and straight with traders.

On Nov. 2, 2010 I placed a buy stop order on the MT4 platform at 0.98982 on the AUDUSD pair in readiness for the cash rate news release that morning. However the order got filled in at 0.99663! That's 681 pips higher than my order!

Naturally, I wrote my broker a little complaint note. About an hour later, they sent a tart reply reminding me that I had signed an agreement allowing them to enter my orders at the "next best rate" when it's not possible (I read convenient) for them to enter my orders at the declared rate. I got their message.

I have taken my fair share of losses trading forex, but I do not run to this broker whining about them. Since I take my losses bravely, I think I'm being professional in my trading activity. The least I expect from my broker is that they will be professional and enter my orders where I place them, not at some 700 pips variance to my disadvantage. This kind of sharp practice presents them in bad light... and right now I'm really considering my next step concerning them.

Dude.. please help us all and name the broker!

I was also getting sick and tired of getting screwed from my ex-broker "Etoro" and changed it to IG Index. What a difference it has made.

Best

Dude.. please help us all and name the broker!

I was also getting sick and tired of getting screwed from my ex-broker "Etoro" and changed it to IG Index. What a difference it has made.

Best

Had this ugly experience with "FxPro"

Had this ugly experience with "FxPro"

Thanks man..!

Sorry for your bad experience, I lost a lot of trades in the past for not getting my trade on time or not closing it on time either. Too many rip off's out there and government should clamp them down.

news trader

friends, theres a lot of dealing desk broker out there, and they would act as a market maker to us. If you are a news traders, i would suggest you to use some STP/NDD(non dealing desk) brokers. dealing desk broker will absolutely not suitable for news traders. I've experiences many lossses cause by slipages by dealing desk broker. but suffer much more less slipages from NDD broker.
searching for the perfect one?i doubt that man...

take a look at this : ECN brokers list | ECN/STP Forex brokers

those fxpro and etoro as you mention is a market maker.they are not suitable for news traders, are they robbing us?no in my opinion, it is just thier policy allow them to do that, as a market maker.so we should find another broker with another policy..

Back