Upcoming Signals Overview (November 15 ~ 19, 2010)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey Folks:

We got a few releases scheduled for the week, and most of them are news from UK and U.S. Therefore we should see plenty of volatility in both currencies...

As usual, I'll be sending out more detailed analysis for each and every single tradable news on the list below. Make sure you check out this section for more details.

1. Mon November 15, 2010 8:30am EST - US Core Retail Sales m/m
Historical Chart & Data

2. Tue November 16, 2010 4:30am EST - UK CPI y/y
Historical Chart & Data

3. Wed November 17, 2010 4:30am EST - UK MPC Meeting Minutes

4. Wed November 17, 2010 8:30am EST - US Core CPI m/m
Historical Chart & Data

5. Thu November 18, 2010 4:30am EST - UK Retail Sales m/m
Historical Chart & Data

... and some untradable releases....

1. Nov. 15, 2010 7:30pm AU Monetary Policy Minutes
  2. Nov. 16, 2010 5:00am EU German Zew Economic Sentiment (I don't trade it, but this release may cause enough volatility in the EURUSD pair)
  3. Nov. 16, 2010 8:30am US PPI
  4. Nov. 16, 2010 9:00am US TIC Purchases
  5. Nov. 17, 2010 4:30am UK Claimant Count
  6. Nov. 18, 2010 8:30am US Unemployment Rate

This week's market trend should be a continuation of last week's. We have already seen EURUSD making a significant consolidation, and I believe 1.3500 and below will be the least of possibilities this week.

Of course, the main focus will be on both US Retail Sales and CPI data, with Retail Sales being the main focus of all, as a strong Retail Sales should add more demand for the USD, especially after the Feds already committed to the QE2 for the next 8 months.

I'll be looking to SELL into any EURUSD rally, especially at the end of the day as the upward momentum dies down... because I believe the overall trend has changed for the USD, at least temporarily (until 2011?).

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your hard work Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every week after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calenar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 340
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Google_Sample.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 334
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_iPhone_Sample.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 336