Upcoming Signals Overview (Oct. 18 ~ 22, 2010)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hello Folks:

Here's this week's signal overview. We don't have that many tradable news scheduled for the week, but the ones we are trading have excellent track records and should provide great entry opportunities if we get our tradable deviation.

1. Tue October 19, 2010 9:00am EDT - CA BOC Rate Decision
Historical Chart & Data

2. Wed October 20, 2010 4:30am EDT - UK MPC Meeting Minutes
Historical Chart & Data

3. Thu October 21, 2010 4:30am EDT - UK Retail Sales
Historical Chart & Data

4. Fri October 22, 2010 7:00am EDT - CA Core CPI
Historical Chart & Data

5. Fri October 22, 2010 8:30am EDT - CA Core Retail Sales
Historical Chart & Data

...of course there are also some untradable news

1. Mon. October 18, 2010 9:00am EDT - US TIC Long-Term Purchases
  2. Tue. October 19, 2010 5:00am EDT - EU ZEW Economic Sentiment
  3. Thu. October 21, 2010 8:30am EDT - US Unemployment Claims
  4. Fri. October 22, 2010 4:00am EDT - EU German Ifo Business Climate

Market has been exhibiting signs of consolidation from last few weeks of straight losses on the USD. With psychological levels on most major pairs reached against USD, and judging how saturated the market is with Fed's QE 2 speculation, I believe a classic "Buy on rumor, Sell on news" may be on the way as big money drive the USD up for a rally before Nov. 3 FOMC meeting.

At any rate, the direction that I am looking for is to go LONG on the USD for this week. But as far as these news releases, please wait for my more detailed analyses which will be posted before the scheduled release time.

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your hard work Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every week after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calenar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Sample.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 116
For all you guys who are looking for a cheaper live news service, try wwwdotglobal-viewdotcom It is 30bucks a month and 300bucks a year.

PS: i havent tried it yet

i'm using forexmuse dot com it's working fine for the moment but could be faster...
what soft r u using to get the new?

First time on forum

hey its my first time on the forum. i'd love to try this forex strategy out and hope it works out thanks for all your work.

Back