Upcoming Signals Overview (Oct. 25 ~ 29, 2010)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hello Folks:

We've got several high impact releases scheduled for this week, including RBNZ Rate Decision and first GDP releases out of U.S. and UK. With the market focusing on the upcoming QE2 announcement from the Feds, the US Adv. GDP for the 3rd quarter will probably be the most anticipated release for this week.

Here are the tradable news events scheduled for the week:

1. Mon Oct. 25, 2010 10:00am EDT - US Existing Home Sales
Historical Data & Chart

2. Tue Oct. 26, 2010 4:30am EDT - UK Prelim GDP q/q
Historical Data & Chart

3. Tue Oct. 26, 2010 8:30pm EDT - AU CPI q/q
Historical Data & Chart

4. Wed Oct. 27, 2010 10:00am EDT - US New Home Sales
Historical Data & Chart

5. Wed Oct. 27, 2010 4:00pm EDT - NZ RBNZ Rate Decision
Historical Data & Chart

6. Fri Oct. 29, 2010 8:30am EDT - US Adv. GDP q/q
Historical Data & Chart

...and some untradable releases...

1. Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:30am EDT - US Core Durable Goods - This is a second tier report.
  2. Thr Oct 28, 2010 8:30am EDT - US Unemployment Claims - This is a weekly report that the market couldn't care less.
  3. Fri Oct. 29, 2010 8:30am EDT - CA GDP m/m - Market will be concentrated on US GDP, there is no point to trade this release.

I'd warn that even though we are seeing some weak USD moves during early week, market could be looking at a sharp during mid week as the focus is turned towards the US GDP release. I'd be looking to SELL EURUSD and AUDUSD from the top if market retests those levels... at any rate, please pay close attention to market sentiment and any breaking news before taking the trade...

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your hard work Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every week after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calenar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Sample.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 494
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 490
hey Huwee, how do you go about installing the info on the calendar. I love the concept as I know at a glance whats going on. If you dont update the calendar then its functionality is lost.
Is it easy to do it ?? Do you enter the info manually ??

cheers.
GZ

Hi George,

Adding entries onto the shared Google calendar is a somewhat manual task, but Google helps by parsing the time/date portion - so it's pretty much a matter of copy and paste each entry.

Huwee.

Back