Upcoming Signals Overview (Oct. 4 ~ 8, 2010)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey Folks:

Here are the news that we'll be trading this week, and as usual, the first week for the month is usually packed with news, therefore we should get plenty of opportunities to trade...

As usual, I will be posting detailed analysis for each of the tradable reports listed below, make sure you check back this section for more detail.

1. Mon. Oct. 4, 2010 8:30pm EDT - AU Retail Sales
Historical Chart & Data

2. Mon. Oct. 4, 2010 11:30pm EDT - RBA Interest Rate
Historical Chart & Data

3. Tue. Oct. 5, 2010 4:30am EDT - UK Services PMI
Historical Chart & Data

4. Tue. Oct. 5, 2010 10:00am EDT - US ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI
Historical Chart & Data

5. Wed. Oct. 6, 2010 8:15am EDT - US ADP NFP Changes
Historical Chart & Data

6. Wed. Oct. 6, 2010 10:00am EDT - CA IVEY PMI
Historical Chart & Data

7. Wed. Oct. 6, 2010 8:30pm EDT - AU Employment Change
Historical Chart & Data

8. Thu. Oct. 7, 2010 7:00am EDT - UK BOE Interest Rate
Historical Chart & Data

9. Thu. Oct. 7, 2010 7:45am EDT - EU ECB Interest Rate
Historical Chart & Data

10. Fri. Oct. 8, 2010 7:00am EDT - CA Employment Change
Historical Chart & Data

11. Fri. Oct. 8, 2010 8:30am EDT - US NFP Employment
Historical Chart & Data

...and some untradable releases...

1. Oct. 4, 2010 8:30pm - AU Trade Balance
  2. Oct. 7, 2010 8:30am - US Unemployment Claims

Since this week is extremely busy with news releases, we should expect to see market trading in a range waiting for direction. With most majors trading at the best level against USD in months, we could see some consolidation on the back of a possible change in fundamental outlook due to the possible result of Friday's NFP release... At any rate, I'd expect to see both risk appetite sentiment AND stronger USD being played out as the dominant trends for the week, since USD has been decoupling risk sentiment as of late.

Looking ahead I'd probably be focusing on the USDCHF and USDJPY as both pairs present excellent opportunities for rebounding. Of course it is important to pay attention to the news for best entry as news catalysts always provide much safer trades.

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi henry,

I know this is not the correct place to ask this question but I have been trying to dowload the PDF and Video of your Mastermind Mentoring Webinar Part 3 since you posted them. But your seem to have forgot to put the download links on the web page.

Looking forward to downloading them soon

Regards

Kevin

Hello Henry,

I am looking forward to download it too.

Thanks
Peter

Thanks for your hard work Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every Sunday/Monday after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calenar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Sample.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 585
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 587
BOJ Policy Statement

Curious to why you overlooked this specific release Henry?

Peace...

Dave

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 291
News Trading

After following your posts for some months, I am finally getting a hang of this. Thanks a lot Henry. My next aim is to save some money for your mentorship program. I would love to learn from you.
Cheers!

Hello Was wondering were to find your analysis on the ADP Non farm Employment Change for today ?

Calendar

Thanks for your hard work Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every Sunday/Monday after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calenar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Whwn I clic the link appears a window with the message "Calendar error", do you have another link?
Thanks in advance

lost events

huwee, thank u for the instructions to set up the google calender.
i set up mine a few days ago & worked well that i m alerted by sms before events.
however, yesterday my google calender events were empty!!
what happened?

regards,

Back