Upcoming Signals Overview (Sept. 13 ~ 17, 2010)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hello Folks:

Here are the news releases that we'll be trading this week. I'll be sending you more detailed analysis as usual in the coming days. Thanks.

Tradable Releases
1. Mon Sept. 13, 2010 6:45pm EDT - NZ Retail Sales m/m
Historical Data & Chart

2. Tue Sept. 14, 2010 4:30am EDT - UK CPI y/y
Historical Data & Chart

3. Tue Sept. 14, 2010 8:30am EDT - US Core Retail Sales m/m
Historical Data & Chart

4. Wed Sept. 15, 2010 5:00pm EDT - NZ Interest Rate
Historical Data & Chart

5. Thu Sept. 16, 2010 4:30am EDT - UK Retail Sales m/m
Historical Data & Chart

6. Fri Sept. 17, 2010 8:30am EDT - US Core CPI m/m
Historical Data & Chart

...and some untradable releases...

1. Tue Sept. 14, 2010 5:00am EDT - EU German Zew Economic Sentiment - Not a strong enough news event to generate consistent results.
  2. Wed Sept. 15, 2010 4:30am EDT - UK Claimant Count - Not a strong enough new event to produce consistent results.
  3. Wed Sept. 15, 2010 5:00am ~ 6:30am EDT - UK Inflation Report Hearings - We'll be paying attention to it, but we can't plan ahead.
  4. Thu Sept. 16, 2010 8:00am EDT - CH Libor Rate - No surprise expected, thus no trading opportunity.
  5. Thu Sept. 16, 2010 8:30am EDT - US PPI & Unemployment Claims - These reports won't make enough impact to warrant a trade.
  6. Thu Sept. 16, 2010 9:00am ~ 10:00am EDT - US TIC & Philly Fed - Market will move only in extreme cases, I've seen 50 billion of difference on the TIC and market moved a whopping 3 pips... as for Philly Fed, only a strong surprise is likely to move the market, and most often than not, we'll get very little market reaction.
  7. Fri Sept. 17, 2010 9:55am EDT - US Prelim UoM Consumer Confidence - Only moves the market in extreme cases. I'd probably be heading to the beach at the release time, so I'm going to skip it.

Market Overview
We've ended another mixed trading week as traders desperately look for direction. With Commodity Currencies such as AUD, NZD, and CAD gaining against USD on the back of favorable fundamental data, European currencies traded weaker against USD on concerns over sovereign debt and slowdown over global economic recovery.

Looking ahead this week, we'll have several important data out of US, UK, and NZ. We should focus on the Retail Sales out of the US because it probably is the focus of the week as this event could change the short-term trend of the market for USD.

Looking at long-term views of the market, I believe we may see some further weakness in the NZD, especially against AUD. It is possible that the AUDNZD pair may be heading towards the 1.3300 level once again, counting on the difference in investor sentiments between these two currencies.

In the European front, I believe EURO may have reached a possible top. It is very likely that we may see EURUSD weaken in the coming days... however, the current market is still highly uncertain, therefore it's probably best to stay out. As far as GBP is concerned, we saw a nice support level being formed at the 1.5300 level, which means it may make sense to look for rebound at this level and risk 30~50 pips on a BUY. If market bounces back, we could very easily pick up 60~100 pips on a 1:2 risk to reward ratio.

Hopefully market will be more clearer next week... In the meantime, use caution as always,

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your hard work Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics"
    (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every Sunday/Monday after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calenar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 1.png
    Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 1.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 786
  • Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 2.png
    Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 2.png
    2 KB · Views: 774
  • Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 3.png
    Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 3.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 772
  • Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 4.png
    Trading Signals Calendar Instructions 4.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 772
  • Trading Signals Calendar Sample 1.png
    Trading Signals Calendar Sample 1.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 770
Thanks so much for the upcoming signals overview. Expecting your daily detail analysis.

Relying on you. Thanks a lot.

Sam

Hi dear Henry Liu

Thanks again.
Also for you Huwee.Good soldier!
Good week for everybody.

currency indictor

hi henry
i am new to the army
please could you point me in the right direction, with the currency indictor
red market to fall ???
green market to raise ???
hopefully here from you soon

Plans

Awesome!
Really appreciate all of your posts Henry!
If possible it would be nice if there was a link to your trading plan on these tradable news events.
Thanks a lot!
Charles

Thanks for the hard work, Huwee!

Your calendar will be very helpful :)

Thanks for your hard work Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics"
    (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every Sunday/Monday after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calenar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Back