Upcoming Signals Overview (Sept. 27 ~ Oct. 1, 2010)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey Folks:

Sorry for the delay this week, but since we didn't have any tradable news for the first 3 days of the week, I decided to take some much needed time off for the R&R... but I am back now and ready to rock'n roll :)

As usual, I will be posting detailed analysis for each of the tradable reports listed below, make sure you check back this section for more detail.

1. Thu Sept. 30, 2010 8:30am EDT - CA GDP m/m
Historical Chart & Data

2. Fri Oct. 1, 2010 4:30am EDT - UK Manufacturing PMI
Historical Chart & Data

3. Fri Oct. 1, 2010 10:00am EDT - US ISM Manufacturing PMI
Historical Chart & Data

... and here are the untradable releases

1. Thu Sept. 30, 2010 8:30am EDT - US Unemployment Claims & Final GDP - Both releases are not market movers, and because they are released at the same time, chances are that the market will be hard to read, therefore it's better safe than sorry.
  2. Fri Oct. 1, 2010 3:15am EDT - CH Retail Sales - CHF is usually not affected by its fundamental outlook, therefore I don't expect much impact from this release.

Last week we've reached extreme levels in EURUSD, AUDUSD, USDCHF, and NZDUSD... Market is already showing signs of strain at the start of the week, and I'd like to caution everyone to unwind their short positions against USD, especially on the EURUSD pair. I believe we may see some heavy consolidation this week, as EURUSD could be heading towards the 1.3100 level.

Of course this week is relatively quiet for news trading, but broader market risk sentiment may end up driving the market... with early credit rating cut on the Anglo-Irish bank on Monday, any other similar news will be the catalyst to push EURUSD around...

Furthermore, the COT report last week from CFTC showed a complete net position change on the EUR from -7,025 v +9,670 prior, with COT index 44.8 v 51.8 prior... this shift in the net position shows an extreme sentiment change as the EUR position is net short...

Combining the fact that the net short position on the USD has dropped to -4,140 v -6,889 prior, COT index 57.8 v 52.7 prior, I am looking forward for more sellers coming into selling the EURUSD as soon as we get a strong news catalyst to kick off the move.

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
sept ends

thanks henry..we gonna leave sept which worst month to trade.Oct comes with another NFP...cant wait for your brilliant thought about that.

again thanks.

GooD AnalysiS!!

Thank you very much Henry. I will be looking forward to trading the tradable news and also watch to see how the reversals play out.

Thanks again and GoD BlesS your HearT.

COT data source

Hi Mr. Liu,
I thank you very much for your valuable help about news trading.

Just one question: where in Internet I could read the COT data values you are reporting on this your weekly upcoming overview?
I mean:
EUR "COT index 44.8 v 51.8 prior"
and
USD "COT index 57.8 v 52.7 prior"

Thanks in advance and Best Regards.

Lidio Mozi

Thanks Henry, hope you enjoyed the brief rest!

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of

"webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in Google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every Sunday/Monday after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calenar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Attachments

• Trading_Signals_Calendar_Sample.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Sample.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 394
  • Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    Trading_Signals_Calendar_Instructions.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 396
Got off quotes

Please can anyone help me, every time I try to place an order at the time of news release, I got off quotes all the time, I have FXDD MT4. Is there any better broker, what about FXCM ???

Back