Upcoming Signals Overview (September 6~10, 2010)

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hello folks:

Here are the news releases that we'll be trading this week. I'll be sending you a more detailed analysis usually a day ahead of their schedule. Thanks.

1. Tue September 7, 2010 12:30am EDT - AU RBA Interest Rate
Historical Chart & Data

2. Wed September 8, 2010 9:00am EDT - CA BOC Interest Rate
Historical Chart & Data

3. Wed September 8, 2010 10:00am EDT - CA IVEY PMI - UPDATE: I am skipping this trade
Historical Chart & Data

4. Wed September 8, 2010 9:30pm EDT - AU Employment Change
Historical Chart & Data

5. Thu September 9, 2010 7:00am EDT - UK BOE Rate Decision
Historical Chart & Data

6. Fri September 10, 2010 7:00am EDT - CA Employment Change
Historical Chart & Data

And of course, we do have several untradable yet high impact releases scheduled for the week:

1. Thu September 9, 2010 8:30am EDT - US & CA Trade Balances - Market seems to ignore this release, therefore it's better we stay away from them.
  2. Thu September 9, 2010 8:30am EDT - US Unemployment Claims - Market is getting used to this release and we rarely see any significant push.
  3. Fri Septermber 10, 2010 4:30am EDT - UK PPI - Even the CPI release out of UK is losing its appeal to move the market, much less the PPI.

Looking at the overall market sentiment and the fact that we've gotten a nice positive surprise in the US NFP release last Friday, it's entirely possible that we are staring at the early stage of trend reversal, one that would push USD and JPY lower as concerns over double-dip recession subsides. Some big name analysts are now switching their position and unwinding their USD longs brought upon by the exaggerated demand for safe-haven instruments during the last few weeks as concerns over recession was exacerbated by Bernanke's dovish stance and the possibility of a second round of stimulus, better known as quantitative easing.

What was changed this week from last week is, time. We now have time to wait and see. Big Ben won't have to make a decision to start codename QE2 (Quantitative Easing Round 2) yet, and if jobs market shows resilience in recovery, evidenced by the next NFP release (one is a fluke, two could be a trend), Bernanke could very well wait until next year before undertaking such a measure, and the very fact that Feds might be delaying the controversial QE2 program, is in itself a positive message for Risk Appetite.

Therefore, I expect to see some general sentiment moving it that direction this week. Although it is still at early stage of a trend reversal, which by definition is prone to fake moves, I'd advice everyone to watch the development in EURUSD and USDJPY for more taletelling signs.

As far as weekly trends for the week, I am biased towards further risk appetite sentiment, but I do understand there are risks to assume direction this early in the trend reversal stage. Perhaps we should see a more defined market next week so that we can take advantage of it.

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your hard work Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics"
    (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every Sunday/Monday after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calenar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

very good work.

your trading method is glorious and it is very good way to trade for short term traders.

but sir i want to share with you a problem which i face from one month it is that i am working with GTL forex from 4 months l have a live account with GTL forex the meta trader plate form which is using by the GTL is not in the fever of client it has a different of 3 pips other then plateform just like ODL,S,AND MIG BANK AND INTERBANKFX AND ALPARI.but last night st suddenly GTL close my trades without any reason,i talk to them about that issue but they cant resolve it so please help me to findout the problem.

thanks

Many Thanks!!!

First of all, I'd like to say thank you Henri for your superb work and your generosity. I'm recent to Forex and I'm not trading live yet, but I am learning boatloads from you. I am for ever in your debt, may the Creator bless you!

Huwee: Thank you too!!! That Calendar is awesome! Much appreciated.

thanks sir,
i m looking for the signals on wednesday coz i can only trade these signals due to my work. i hope to have few pips this week also.
thanks a lot.
God bless you

Thanks Huwee, this is great man!

Thanks for your hard work Henry !

Folks,

I've put together a Google Calendar of Henry's tradable news releases which you can add to your iPhone or your own Google Calendar. This gives you the following:
  1. Translates the time into your local timezone
  2. Allows you to see your personal appointments alongside when the news releases are happening
  3. And if you have a Google Calendar account - notifications to your mobile phone via SMS (for free!)

Instructions (you only need to add this once and it will appear every week)

Adding to iPhone:
  1. Send an e-mail to your iPhone with the e-mail body of "webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics"
    (without the quotes and remove the extra space before the '.com')
  2. On your iPhone, open the e-mail and click on the link.
  3. When prompted "Subscribe to the calendar: 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals'?", click "Subscribe".
  4. Open your calendar and it will say "The Calendar 'Henry Liu's Trading Signals' has been added"
  5. Click "Done".

Adding to your own Google Calendar and setting SMS notification (see accompanying screenshots attached):
  1. Log into your Google calendar and go to "Other Calendars"
  2. Type in "06nlopqpjr7nnehhgc99igak6k@group.calendar.google.com" (without the quotes and the .com should be one word - you'll need to remove the space)
  3. Now click on the drop-down for your newly added calendar "Henry Liu's Trading Signals". Click on "Calendar settings"
  4. Click on the tab "Notifications". Fill in the reminders you'd like - E-mail, SMS and Pop-up.

If you don't see "SMS" as a drop-down option, you need to configure the settings for your mobile phone in google. Go to your "Settings" (top right) and choose "Mobile Setup" or check Google Calendar Help.

I'll try to update this calendar every Sunday/Monday after Henry releases his weekly review, so you should only need to add the calenar once and from there on you'll get reminders every week to help you trade successfully :)

Hope this helps,

Huwee.

Thanks Henry!

Henry,

I think you're doing a great job, and I've personally made money with your free service. I strongly disagree with the naysayers and I hope you keep up your good work.

I have one request. Can you post the upcoming signals sooner, please? Like 12 hours before the first signal would be fine.
Even though it was a no-trade, I didn't find out about the AU RBA Interest Rate release until this morning, well after the trade. I checked last night for a new post, but it was before this was posted.

Again, I think you're doing a great service, and I'm very impressed you're donating all your compensation from FPA to charity. It's very admirable, and even though virtue is its own reward, I suspect you'll be reaping material rewards as well.

Thank You,
Duane

Margin Calls

your trading method is glorious and it is very good way to trade for short term traders.

but sir i want to share with you a problem which i face from one month it is that i am working with GTL forex from 4 months l have a live account with GTL forex the meta trader plate form which is using by the GTL is not in the fever of client it has a different of 3 pips other then plateform just like ODL,S,AND MIG BANK AND INTERBANKFX AND ALPARI.but last night st suddenly GTL close my trades without any reason,i talk to them about that issue but they cant resolve it so please help me to findout the problem.

thanks

It sounds like you got margin-called :(
This typically happens when your margin level drops below a set minimum (such as 0%).

I recommend that you contact your broker for a more detailed explanation.

It happens to the best of us at one point or another; just bite the bullet, pick up the pieces, and learn from your mistakes. There are great articles available about money management -- you may wish to read them.

Back