US Chicago PMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felix Homogratus

Commander in Chief
US Chicago PMI comes out once per month at 09:42 am New York Time.

This is a manufacturing indicator which covers the Chicago area, which is considered to be the manufacturing heartland of the United States.

What they do is survey executives in manufacturing industry by asking them a series of questions about their expectations for production, new orders, deliveries, employment, and inventories, such as are you planning to fire, hire, or stay unchanged on new workers in the near future? Then they average out all the answers, and they get a number anywhere between 1 and 100.

A number of 50 means that, on average, the manufacturing industry in the Chicago area did not improve over previously measured month. A number above 50 means that the manufacturing industry expanded over previously measured month. A number below 50 means that the manufacturing industry contracted over previously measured month.

A better than expected number is usually good for US dollar, so USD/JPY tends to go up. A worse than expected number is usually bad for US dollar, so USD/JPY tends to go down.

If you want me to email you 1 day before this report is released, and explain to you in details on how to trade it, then please sign up for my free trading signals by going to this link:
Forex Daily Trading Signals - Forex Peace Army Forum

In the signal, I tell you exactly how many pips the currency will most likely move, depending on the difference between expected and actual numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back