US Dollar Situation Very Disturbing Development...

Another Reflection...

[Felix]"...Interested to hear your thoughts and suggestions."

I have watched the world economy with a great deal of interest. I make no claim to my interperation, but I have wondered, how long, the two world powers, UK with the Pound sterling and USA with the dollar would harvest the rest of the world.

We see the pressure being brought to bare on Britain to convert to Euro....and I beleive it will not be another 5 years and she will have been forced to do so.. Her wealth is held in hands of wealthy middle eastern powerhouses...they will trade with what suits them best in the long run and the Euro, has, as we know done just that.

It surprises me not at all, that Eruo is the desired medium to purchase oil. What the Euro seems to have done, is to unite the smaller economic and yes even impoverished countries to a single buyng power..

This is foreboding in my opinion....We know why the USA wishes to keep the Oil at $ purchase power...It lends supreme bargaining power and keeps her in more ways than are openly reflected a world power to be reckoned with.

Sadly though the growing unrest and animosity towards the Americas has indoubtedly put pressure on countries to loadshed, the dollar...China, who we now openly recognise as the fastest growing economy in the world, is obviously concerned that her capital gain of dollars, will utimately prove to become a 2nd rate currency. ....

I have always believed that not all ones eggs should be held in one basket and it would be wise to move a certain amount of assets offshore to calmer waters..

Had we had this discussion/debate earlier, I would have without hesitation said that investment in Dubai, would have been capital gain.. but I believe that her development, has been the ruin of many an investor and there appears to be no recourse to the recuperaton of such losses.

Geurnsey offshore, has always been a slow and stable commodity. If you are able, I would buy pound sterling and invest in Geurnsey and just sit tight.

But I would also think very strongly about investing in the Chinese Money Market. Her buying power is the most stable at this time...She owns almost all of ZImbabwe, has just bought out one of our major banking institutions in S.A., has huge investments in our mining houses and invests billions in our construction industry.

In closing, what I remind myself all the time, is that even in Zimbabwe, people survive, they may pay R24 millions Dollars for a loaf of bread, but they do survive...

We, the world are sitting on an explosive situation, regarding our resources....It remains to be seen, just how long we have left, before the whole thing disintergrates, and then it will matter less who owns what, it will become the riches of the masses.....

Battalion Commander

Does anybody realize that the federal reserve has as much to do with the goverment then does the federal express.This goes back to 1913 then a buch of bankers got together, und created the federal reserves they got rid of the gold standert. we are now in debt to them for 70trillian at some point they
can just pull the plug. if you have a chance to see a very intersting interview

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3254488777215293198

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:

Why hasn't the market crashed already? Heres one answer - Yesterday, 03:09 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will copy an article i read about why markets haven't crashed already. Very interesting and pretty much sizes up the reasons. Interesting points are highlighted but the whole article is worth a read.

Stratfor Newsletter
China and the Arabian Peninsula as Market Stabilizers
December 11, 2007 20:13 GMT
By George Friedman

Unquote.

Stratfor reports imo provide some of the most intelligent information available to us.

What is said in the article copied by gbfree is, for me, the crux of the matter. Our only potential salvation from devastating crisis at this time lies with the need for China and the Middle East to place their wealth into US assets, and to a lesser extent I hope UK assets. Our countries are effectively bankrupt. In the shorter term we have to accept that we are selling out our crown jewels (inc real estate) to the Chinese and the Arabs. Maybe this scenario will save the day.

In the longer term I see genetic engineering becoming a solution to many of the world's problems, not least a satisfactory alternative fuel. We need to canvass our politicians to remove the constraints which currently exist for genetic development and provide the R&D funding necessary to speed the transition. We need to place our politicians right at the top of the queue for genetic modification to themselves so that our leaders become effective without corruption and self interest. OK, its a funny thought but I am serious.

We look back upon the industrial revolution and marvel at its speed of progress as compared to the previous 1000 years. Now, I believe that development growth is exponential to the extent that 10 years = the last 100 years. In 10 years time the next one year will = 20 years and so on.

We are only limited in resolving the current world problems by the extent to which we handcuff the scientists with the various moral and ethical issues surrounding this subject. If we spend the next 10 years procrastinating I am glad I am the age at which I will probably not see the worst consequences. But, I worry about my children and my grandchildren.

Dave.

Quote:

Why hasn't the market crashed already? Heres one answer - Yesterday, 03:09 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will copy an article i read about why markets haven't crashed already. Very interesting and pretty much sizes up the reasons. Interesting points are highlighted but the whole article is worth a read.

Stratfor Newsletter
China and the Arabian Peninsula as Market Stabilizers
December 11, 2007 20:13 GMT
By George Friedman

Unquote.

Stratfor reports imo provide some of the most intelligent information available to us.

What is said in the article copied by gbfree is, for me, the crux of the matter. Our only potential salvation from devastating crisis at this time lies with the need for China and the Middle East to place their wealth into US assets, and to a lesser extent I hope UK assets. Our countries are effectively bankrupt. In the shorter term we have to accept that we are selling out our crown jewels (inc real estate) to the Chinese and the Arabs. Maybe this scenario will save the day.

In the longer term I see genetic engineering becoming a solution to many of the world's problems, not least a satisfactory alternative fuel. We need to canvass our politicians to remove the constraints which currently exist for genetic development and provide the R&D funding necessary to speed the transition. We need to place our politicians right at the top of the queue for genetic modification to themselves so that our leaders become effective without corruption and self interest. OK, its a funny thought but I am serious.

We look back upon the industrial revolution and marvel at its speed of progress as compared to the previous 1000 years. Now, I believe that development growth is exponential to the extent that 10 years = the last 100 years. In 10 years time the next one year will = 20 years and so on.

We are only limited in resolving the current world problems by the extent to which we handcuff the scientists with the various moral and ethical issues surrounding this subject. If we spend the next 10 years procrastinating I am glad I am the age at which I will probably not see the worst consequences. But, I worry about my children and my grandchildren.

Dave.

If you think continuous exponential growth into infinity is possible you are sadly mistaken. The whole world economy is based on fractional reserve financing and highly leveraged balance sheets. Corporations depend on loans to provide the return to stockholders they are expected to and the system unfortunately motivates reckless and irresponsible leveraging. With oil peaking production it is not a question of if but when this house of cards falls when the markets realize that the fuel which has been the foundation of the last 100 years of growth will not be as abundant and cheap anymore. And remember, it does not take oil reserves to be exhausted all it takes is a certain price level to be reached to trigger a global meltdown. It is akin to how the human body can become dehydrated and ultimately shut down with only a small fraction of water loss.
This is also the globalist agenda. Oil supply cannot be increased. Hence demand has to be suppressed. It is just simple supply and demand economics.
This is in the cards so get ready.

Zarni,

I bid you re-read my post or am I not speaking plain english.

I was not referring to economic growth at all, nor to further growth in oil or fossil fuel supplies. After all, the stuff is destroying our environment, is it not ? and we all know it is running out and we all know we are held to ransom by the producers, in particular in the middle east.

I was referring to first the current credit crisis which might well bring down the house of cards and then to GENETIC ENGINEERING. The scientists need to be unencumbered. The speed of developments in that field is exponential. They are capable of developing a synthetic fuel which will not detract from food production. Quite soon they will have the capability to prevent wars in this world of ours. I am talking about the next industrial/scientific revolution which is already started.

How did you manage to so distort my words ? !

Best to you,
Dave

Last edited:
Although I'm not yet ready to head fro the hills, I am thinking that this might be a good time to hit the local coin shop. For those who find gold a little pricey to get in quantity, there's always silver as a hedge against devaluation of the dollar (and other currencies).

Unfortunately, there seem to be some difficulties with supply of silver. See:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...-silver-stock-report-march-19-2008-1-2-a.html

and

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...-silver-stock-report-march-19-2008-2-2-a.html

Pharaoh,

If you want to buy Gold, Silver, Palladium, Platinum, take a look at this link.

FideliTrade - Products & Prices

Fidelitrade quote spot prices every 60 secs or so and offer a range of manageable weights in bars, eagles, maple leafs, kangaroos, buffalos etc. They can arrange shipping or they will undertake storeage.

Probably not quite the right time to buy immediately as the metals now need to find the low of their ret. Need I tell you that, I think not, but others may wish to look at this option for an easy way to divert some savings away from the paper stuff !

Dave.

Fed Bailout -- Tip of Iceberg

All of the economic indicators are not good and every piece of news that comes out continues the trend. We are headed for at the very least a serious recession and at the very worst a dollar meltdown on par with 1929. The fact the Feds stopped publishing the money supply statistics in 2006, the trade deficit, the war spending, the price of oil, federal deficit spending, non-farm payroll worsening and many other factors points to a serious economic crisis. The only person that has it right on the political landscape, Ron Paul, is ignored by the main stream media and doesn't yet have the votes to take the lead. His interrogation of the Federal Reserve Chairman during a recent congressional hearing showed the Chairman admitting that the current course isn't good and that the course needs to totally change. Ron Paul very nicely shredded Berneke (sp?). Then, the bail out, which is nothing more than turning on a computer, and typing in a bunch of zeros that have no value, so, all of our money is being devalued, lower spending power, etc....The Fed, The Treasury, The Executive Branch and The Legislative Branch have all lost their way and we're headed into bad economic times.

Dollar problem and suggestions

Without a gold standard, the US and other countries can just print any amount of money they like, based on nothing. Actually, a lot of our economy is based on other countries', especially China's, buying of US bonds. But will they continue to do so as their dollars become more inflated and worth less?

We have had a gigantic credit expansion these past 20 years and now it's time for a credit contraction. The government can't stop this process, they can only intervene and by doing so, prolong it.

Gold and silver may be a good place to park some cash. Even though commodities, including gold, are undergoing a meltdown right now, how can they not come roaring back in the face of worldwide competitive currency develuation? Silver also has industrial uses that are irreplaceable by any other material. If you don't have gold or silver, the next week or two may be a good buying opportunity as the commodities markets continue to crash due to overlevereged funds unwinding.

As for foreign currencies, my husband says you can open an account in the Singapore branch of Citibank with an account of $100k, and you can hold it in Swiss francs or most other currencies. Hope this helps.

If you think continuous exponential growth into infinity is possible you are sadly mistaken. The whole world economy is based on fractional reserve financing and highly leveraged balance sheets. Corporations depend on loans to provide the return to stockholders they are expected to and the system unfortunately motivates reckless and irresponsible leveraging. With oil peaking production it is not a question of if but when this house of cards falls when the markets realize that the fuel which has been the foundation of the last 100 years of growth will not be as abundant and cheap anymore. And remember, it does not take oil reserves to be exhausted all it takes is a certain price level to be reached to trigger a global meltdown. It is akin to how the human body can become dehydrated and ultimately shut down with only a small fraction of water loss.
This is also the globalist agenda. Oil supply cannot be increased. Hence demand has to be suppressed. It is just simple supply and demand economics.
This is in the cards so get ready.

Well it looks like you are taking this a tad too personally methinks. I think this may have thrown me off:

"We look back upon the industrial revolution and marvel at its speed of progress as compared to the previous 1000 years. Now, I believe that development growth is exponential to the extent that 10 years = the last 100 years. In 10 years time the next one year will = 20 years and so on."

The industrial revolution and the unprecedented economic growth of the past century was predicated on cheap abundant hydrocarbon energy. Just to give you an example: every calorie of food you consume uses up 10 calories of hydrocarbon energy to produce. So far we have not found any substitute for it. I still think you are wrong to expect genetic engineering to save us. There is really no solution in the short term as we have been just sitting smug for the last >20 years when we should have been getting ready for the energy shortage that would be inevitable with the decline of hydrocarbon supplies. The 70s should have been an eye opener. Brazil did take action but it took decades for them to convert their infrastructure over.

Last edited:
Back