USD/CHF Daily Video, January 28, 2011

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Greetings everybody,
DRPO has been confirmed. Here is how we can trade, it, where is to place stops, and what we should be aware of:

portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Last edited by a moderator:
usd/chf drpo video youtube

mr sive morten,
i perceive there is a problem with your usd/chf video format this morning. can this displayed in text format?
thanx so much for your guidance.
i personally believe this will guide us enough for the unexpected.
we appreciate.

failure point for DRPO

Sive, thanks for the video. It is very appreciated. It was interesting to see how you calculated the point of failure for the DRPO pattern. In the 90s Dinapoli book he calculates the point from the extreme of the swing after the second penetration - that would be the next bar after the confirmation bar in the video. You mentioned calculating it from the extreme of the confirmation bar. This gives us a bit more room for the stop. Did that develop from experience?

Rasto

mr sive morten,
i perceive there is a problem with your usd/chf video format this morning. can this displayed in text format?
thanx so much for your guidance.
i personally believe this will guide us enough for the unexpected.
we appreciate.

I download the videos and then play them on a video player offline. It is more comfortable. I use keepvid.com, where you have also different options about the format and the quality you want to download your videos.
If you do it in this way, you will not have any problems watching the videos.

re u/chf

:) Thank you very much Sive -you give me courage to hang on - much appreciated- wishing you a good w/end :)

Sive, thanks for the video. It is very appreciated. It was interesting to see how you calculated the point of failure for the DRPO pattern. In the 90s Dinapoli book he calculates the point from the extreme of the swing after the second penetration - that would be the next bar after the confirmation bar in the video. You mentioned calculating it from the extreme of the confirmation bar. This gives us a bit more room for the stop. Did that develop from experience?

Rasto

Hi Rasto,
No, I just want to show you how we should calculate the level for S/L, when DRPO pattern just has been confirmed. Other words, when the confirmation bar is a last bar. AS market establish new highs - goes higher and higher, this 0.618 level also will drift higher, so your stop will follow him, until market either hit the target, hit your trailing stop below 0.618 support wherever it will be at this moment, close below 3x3 or something else, depending on your view on situation.

Wolfe Wave

Hello Mr. Sive:

I really like the DRPO and B&B patterns for swing points. I found a pattern that may be used to trade a DRPO pattern and may interest you and others....its called a WOLFE WAVE.

I think a wolfe wave is just an extension of a DRPO pattern

here is how a wolfe wave works:

Waves 3-4 must stay within the channel created by 1-2
Wave 1-2 equals waves 3-4 (shows symmetry)
Wave 4 is within the channel created by waves 1-2
There is regular time between all waves
Wave 5 exceeds trendline created by waves 1 and 3 and is the entry point

The estimated price is a price along the trendline created by waves 1 and 4 (point 6).

for some reason i can not attach files or i would show the drawing of a wolfe wave. here is a link to the content.

Wolfe Wave Definition

peace and blessings

kloutt

Greetings everybody,
DRPO has been confirmed. Here is how we can trade, it, where is to place stops, and what we should be aware of:

portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Hi Sive,

Could you please comment the bearish move of USDCHF of today?
I know that in Forex everything is possible, but I was expecting the opposite movement.
What do you suggest, should we keep the long positions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back