• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss VantagePointSoftware.com (Was tradertech.com)

General discussions of a financial company
I Have enlarged the EMA's and changed background color on live chart in a hope to make crossover's on EMA's and TSI easier to see to prove there is nothing predictive about VP indicators
VP GY 6.jpgVP GY 7.jpg

Live feed Vs Vantage Point crap

VP only gives you one time frame to work off and that's a daily chart,after you download the data you can look for a trade using VP and enter by using the predicted high and low for the day.This is a huge disadvantage because you only have one time frame to work off and the predicted high and low are way off and sometimes price doesn't retrace back to get you in at a good price(refer back to my last trade idea on EURAUD)

Another big disadvantage using VP is because it's at least 24hrs behind live feed sometimes VP chart doesn't give a signal but on the live chart you do get a signal so you can enter off the live feed so there are a lot of trades you could miss using VP

So ask yourself what would you rather,use live feed or VP that's that's downloaded once a day?

In the attachments is a USDCAD VP chart with no trade signal and my live USDCAD chart with trades I took(I have closed one of these trades and will let the other run so even if the trade I have let run hits my SL I will still BE)

P.S. Also note where live chart indicators are and VP indicators are and you will see there is NOTHING predictive about VP indicators like claimed they are just normal indicators you can get FREE on any platform:p

USDCAD1.jpgUSDCAD3.jpg

Recently, during using the web, VP advertisement came in my way, its 86% accuracy, Neural Network and Intermarket Theory increased my curiosity, applied to the form of free forecasts on VP website and got a phone call from VP representative who worked on convincing me buy VP product, he will send the software package(DVDs, User guide) to my house door the next day, but I was not convinced for many reasons.
First, I have my own profitable system trading it for years now, second the price is expensive(what I mean is not the amount of money that honestly is nothing for me but what I meant is does it worth that amount?)and third I do not buy any product before researching it and who are better to ask and read than VP clients and their views.

Why I am writing this post?
To express my point of view to forexpeacearmy members and others searching the web for an answer to a question: Is Vantage Point Software A Scam Or Not?
VP Software Evaluation: The Pros and Cons after conducting several researches on what VP clients had been saying and the software testing.
Pros:
-VP Software Works.
- A trading package made easy to traders who do not have time to make their own system and follow the market small details in order to execute orders.
- Organized Software
- Relying on good background information to conclude the prices
- The software can quickly gain its user the expensive price spent on VP purchase when the client has a big trading account but an expert adviser of 50-100 bucks can initially do that too in a small account. A product buyer must look far than that to the long run profitability.
- 1-2 days(sometimes zero) advantage in execution than most other software and systems, that is why VP team and representatives insist of repeating PREDICTIVE
- Positive back testing
- 34 years in business
- Neural Network and Intermarket analysis software

Cons:
- Very Expensive
- Not a necessity to succeed in the market for traders who have time and experience
- Not really predictive leading indicators
- Some are found in mt4/mt5 and other platforms
- 86% accuracy claim is false, the company explains the claim on its website to reduce the consequences of any legal action. A 55% winning system or expert adviser can be profitable when the losses are cut and profits run.
- The good marketing tools the company sales representative use to convince people buy their products like forecasts are erased by rude and too much persistence to sell their software(many phone calls and emails to the degree of annoyance)
- Rare email and phone call answer from VP sales team after selling the product
- Forecasts sent by email to convince buy VP software are not live and misleading.
- Focus on the good trades only and neglect the bad trades, lacking transparency
- Third party involvement that VP clients must buy the software data from raises a big question:
Why a 34 years company has no whole software package consisting of the data prices downloaded from its website(like brokers have web platform) and download the software update file in same way?
- In a buyer position will not buy a software that does not reflect its real price and very good to be real

Conclusion, VP Software is a good buy for people who have no time, can leave orders open for long time and want a trading software package that work even when the software is unfairly expensive but the buyer is getting a trading package too.
VP Software is bad for traders who do not want to leave their orders opened for long time, who have a small account, who have their own profitable system, VP is not the holy grain(no software or system is) will not make a big difference to account trading other than cutting time in some cases, and VP not for who do not want to apply the software user guide accurately.
Am not convinced of VP software expensive price despite the company say it have many employees working to get the Neutral Network and Intermarket theory prices, nor buying the data prices from a third party convinces me.
Briefly, I do not need it, can be an accessory for me not more but it might be a necessity for others esp. who are beginners in this business.

Am I a spammer or a guy paid by vantage point company? NO
Is dkami a spammer or a guy paid by an anti vantage point company? NO
We may agree on some points and disagree on many others.
I mentioned dkami name because he wrote many posts on this thread, taking the biggest part of replies that I found some were unfair and I will answer by replying to some of his posts showing flaws in his conclusions.
I agree with dkami that VP software is expensive, not really predictive, maybe a 1-2 days difference than others and that is sometimes.
I disagree with dkami because he was misusing the software in many charts posted in this thread and will tell him that the VP guy he said learned dkami how to use VP in a better way is using the software wrongly too.
I will start replying to the mistakes dkami went through, mainly because he was not using the software like it must be, might be he does not want to leave the orders for so long like the case is with the software signals that resulted in giving up of VP software profitability.

Hi Ericbubb I have had Vp for about 1 yr I don't take much notice of neural index or predicted high low I will put an attachment on here for you to see how i use this software and what i look for just so you can see a different way to look at it.This is the best way i have found to use VP the PTLDiff must be on a high if going short and has started to turn to the down side if you zoom out over 3yrs you will see where the tops of the peaks are. If going long just the opposite

IMHO, dkami start it wrong when states: we all should know usdchf has been in downtrend for a long time etc
When using a software, a client can not give his own point of view about trading but must execute a an order according to the software signals.
Can not predict when usdchf in downtrend and when it will become in uptrend, instead what the software signals show.

The VP representative explained to me that for a beginner using the software, must only execute a short when the 2 lines cross and the Neural Index 0, long when 2 lines cross and Neural Index 1. The TSI and Diff are for added safety, no more and can be confusing sometimes when do not match the lines and index signal.

Hi RamanSL

Yes the only thing I don't like about these 2 trades is there's no divergence on the PTLDiff which makes me think they may continue on after a bit of a pull back but Im not sure as I lost my crystal ball but good luck to you and hope we make some pips!

Im in EG @ 80.20 SL @ 79.90 and GC @ 1.4980 SL @ 1.5020 (either way my short GBPUSD will and has covered these 2 trade if they hit my SL):)

Price hit SL on both pairs -70pips

View attachment 5445View attachment 5446

Price had to hit SL on both pairs, IMHO, dkami longed EG when he must had shorted it because the lines crossed down, only if he was using VP software signal not his system. dkami must had longed GC instead of shorting it because the lines crosses up.
Both examples do not give him a reason to say the software does not work.

VP only gives you one time frame to work off and that's a daily chart,after you download the data you can look for a trade using VP and enter by using the predicted high and low for the day.This is a huge disadvantage because you only have one time frame to work off and the predicted high and low are way off and sometimes price doesn't retrace back to get you in at a good price(refer back to my last trade idea on EURAUD)

Another big disadvantage using VP is because it's at least 24hrs behind live feed sometimes VP chart doesn't give a signal but on the live chart you do get a signal so you can enter off the live feed so there are a lot of trades you could miss using VP

So ask yourself what would you rather,use live feed or VP that's that's downloaded once a day?

In the attachments is a USDCAD VP chart with no trade signal and my live USDCAD chart with trades I took(I have closed one of these trades and will let the other run so even if the trade I have let run hits my SL I will still BE)

P.S. Also note where live chart indicators are and VP indicators are and you will see there is NOTHING predictive about VP indicators like claimed they are just normal indicators you can get FREE on any platform:p

View attachment 6531View attachment 6532

Another mistake when dkami said: sometimes price doesn't retrace back to get you in at a good price(refer back to my last trade idea on EURAUD)
What you are actually saying is that you do not trade according to VP Software signal but choose a less risk execution price due to your personal trading or indicators signal. A VP client can miss a whole trend doing so.

UsdCad long ended in profit and before VP gave a signal because anyone could had known that, the same thing you said in the usdchf post, but that does not imply VP Software is bad or lack execution time compared to dkami system or couple indicators. That does not imply it will be an always case.
The problem replies in dkami comparing his indicators to VP Software but when evaluating a product if it works or not, must use the same signals VP gives apply it to trading and discover the pros and cons. This is how we can conclude that the 86% accuracy is a myth. Neither conclude VP software does not work.

What I found from most VP clients who had a negative view, they had not apply the software user guide and dvd's nor had insistence in using it for long months. Gave up quickly. Most had not say the software does not work but negative view reasons were basically: expensive, wide stop loss(they are scalpers, should not use VP), orders run for long time, and the leading indicators are not really predictive.
Expensive? Do not buy but that do not mean it doesn't work nor means the value is fair or worth the product.

Am not saying buy VP software or not, but when evaluating a product must be more fair in highlighting the pros and cons not one of both, and after executing the same orders the software signaled.

LOL horsetail,I have used VP for 2years you have never used it so ALL you say is nothing more than a guess!
I'll start with your Pros:
you say VP software works, well how the hell do you know? you have never used it but like I have said yes you can use VP as it is a chart with indicators,But having said this the VP chart IS 24hr behind live charts and is only D1 no other time frames,so you are better off to use live charts

next you say "A trading package made easy to traders who do not have time to make their own system and follow the market small details in order to execute orders." You really have no clue about VP do you, VP you still have to have your own system LOL VP dont give you any system but to buy when 2 lines cross

You say "organized software" well its no more organized than you make it yourself as you set it up with the pairs and indicators ect. so no more organized than what you can get with many brokers

You say "Relying on good background information to conclude the prices" man I really have to LOL as the neural index is the worst part about VP and is nothing more than a SCAM you would be better off to toss a coin!

You say "The software can quickly gain its user the expensive price spent on VP purchase when the client has a big trading account but an expert adviser of 50-100 bucks can initially do that too in a small account. A product buyer must look far than that to the long run profitability." Like I have said LIVE chart is way better than VP that's 24hrs behind a live chart and not just because its live but also because it has different timeframes not just 1

You say " 1-2 days(sometimes zero) advantage in execution than most other software and systems, that is why VP team and representatives insist of repeating PREDICTIVE" What a joke like I have said there is nothing predictive about ANY of VP indicators there EXACTLY the same as on a live chart just like my screenshot prove

You say "34 years in business" Yes they have been SCAMMING people for 34 years

You say "Neural Network and Intermarket analysis software" like I have said, you are better off to flip a coin it simply does not work on VP,now I'm not saying markets don't inter react because they do for eg. if the DOW is up 100points more than likely AU will rise with risk on

Now I will reply to your reply's to my posts and point out just how wrong you really are

IMHO, dkami start it wrong when states: we all should know usdchf has been in downtrend for a long time etc
When using a software, a client can not give his own point of view about trading but must execute a an order according to the software signals.
Can not predict when usdchf in downtrend and when it will become in uptrend, instead what the software signals show.

The VP representative explained to me that for a beginner using the software, must only execute a short when the 2 lines cross and the Neural Index 0, long when 2 lines cross and Neural Index 1. The TSI and Diff are for added safety, no more and can be confusing sometimes when do not match the lines and index signal.

First off you must follow the overall trend especially with VP that's why it gives so many false signals after all its only 2 lines crossing and neural index going the same way like you stated which are only a 4, 8EMA and neural index which is totally useless because by the time neural index went in same direction the trend was over especially if you go against overall trend

VP only has D1 that's 24hr behind and to get overall trend you need to look @ W1 and MN full stop!

Price had to hit SL on both pairs, IMHO, dkami longed EG when he must had shorted it because the lines crossed down, only if he was using VP software signal not his system. dkami must had longed GC instead of shorting it because the lines crosses up.
Both examples do not give him a reason to say the software does not work.

LOL both those trades turned in the direction I went and just because I said price hit SL does not mean it hit my SL on my live trade as I am a long term trader and don't use SL but use the close trade manually and for me to close in a loss price really has to be going against me in a big way

And by the way if I used VP like they say to use it I would have never payed it off, My system is way better than just using a 4 and 8EMA cross over;)

Another mistake when dkami said: sometimes price doesn't retrace back to get you in at a good price(refer back to my last trade idea on EURAUD)
What you are actually saying is that you do not trade according to VP Software signal but choose a less risk execution price due to your personal trading or indicators signal. A VP client can miss a whole trend doing so.

UsdCad long ended in profit and before VP gave a signal because anyone could had known that, the same thing you said in the usdchf post, but that does not imply VP Software is bad or lack execution time compared to dkami system or couple indicators. That does not imply it will be an always case.
The problem replies in dkami comparing his indicators to VP Software but when evaluating a product if it works or not, must use the same signals VP gives apply it to trading and discover the pros and cons. This is how we can conclude that the 86% accuracy is a myth. Neither conclude VP software does not work.

What I found from most VP clients who had a negative view, they had not apply the software user guide and dvd's nor had insistence in using it for long months. Gave up quickly. Most had not say the software does not work but negative view reasons were basically: expensive, wide stop loss(they are scalpers, should not use VP), orders run for long time, and the leading indicators are not really predictive.
Expensive? Do not buy but that do not mean it doesn't work nor means the value is fair or worth the product.

Am not saying buy VP software or not, but when evaluating a product must be more fair in highlighting the pros and cons not one of both, and after executing the same orders the software signaled.

O where do I start 1st of all you are so full of **** because you have never used VP so how the hell do you know if it works or not?

2nd of all I did give VP a go by the book and that's why I had to change my strategy because it SIMPLY doesn't work and I'm not in the habit of loosing money.Now you have some balls coming on here and pointing out all of my mistakes so now its your turn if you have the BALLS and you are such a good trader as you claim you are.Come on here and your next post better be your system and live signals with entry,SL and TP and if you cant do this you are nothing but a looser and cant trade for ****!

It would not surprise me if you don't post any signal's on here, like they say 98% of traders loose money and I bet you are one of the 98%;)

Back