• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

VladimirFX

Unless they can show records directly from the broker, I'd categorize that as "CLAIM to have been trading since 2009"

The MT4Live statements appear to be of much more recent vintage.

He agrees to reimburse losses - Sorry, I've seen too many managed accounts making a promise to somehow "insure" investors against losses turn out to be scams. As far as I'm concerned, this is a solid warning sign of scam. Show me one licensed account management company operating on Wall Street that makes a promise like this and I'll rethink things.

Payments of percent of profits make no mention of "high watermark". Let's assume you have $1000, have a 50/50 split (for easy math) and the account profits $200. You pay $100 commission and now have $1100. If there are losses in week 2 that leave you with $1000, then week 3 makes $200, you again pay the commission and end up with $1100. You've just shelled out another $100 to get back to where you were. Under high water mark, you would only owe commissions on the money above $1100.

It's a pooled investment. You don't have an account with a broker. You send it all to the account manager. Even if this guy is 110% legitimate today, what happens if he suffers some sort of personal financial disaster and all that money is sitting there. Many embezzlers don't start out planning to take all the cash. They just "borrow" a little during an "emergency". If he's not legit, pooled investments are much more likely to be Ponzi schemes.

If you really want an account manager, get one that lets you open an account with a well regulated broker and sign a proper LPOA.

Unless they can show records directly from the broker, I'd categorize that as "CLAIM to have been trading since 2009"

The MT4Live statements appear to be of much more recent vintage.

He agrees to reimburse losses - Sorry, I've seen too many managed accounts making a promise to somehow "insure" investors against losses turn out to be scams. As far as I'm concerned, this is a solid warning sign of scam. Show me one licensed account management company operating on Wall Street that makes a promise like this and I'll rethink things.

Payments of percent of profits make no mention of "high watermark". Let's assume you have $1000, have a 50/50 split (for easy math) and the account profits $200. You pay $100 commission and now have $1100. If there are losses in week 2 that leave you with $1000, then week 3 makes $200, you again pay the commission and end up with $1100. You've just shelled out another $100 to get back to where you were. Under high water mark, you would only owe commissions on the money above $1100.

It's a pooled investment. You don't have an account with a broker. You send it all to the account manager. Even if this guy is 110% legitimate today, what happens if he suffers some sort of personal financial disaster and all that money is sitting there. Many embezzlers don't start out planning to take all the cash. They just "borrow" a little during an "emergency". If he's not legit, pooled investments are much more likely to be Ponzi schemes.

If you really want an account manager, get one that lets you open an account with a well regulated broker and sign a proper LPOA.
Seriouslly above information given by you is not going anywhere....so sad

Seriouslly above information given by you is not going anywhere....so sad

My information is now readily available on the web and is linked to the name of the company. Anyone clever enough do to a quick google search to see if Vladimir Fx shows any signs of being a Ponzi scheme will find it. Anyone looking to see if there are other warning signs about the possibility that VladamirFx might be a scam will find it.

The "so sad" part is that most people put money into things like this and don't try to do any research until later.

I can't stop people from investing in bad companies. I can't force people to perform simple due diligence on a company before investing. I can and do put out my opinions about whether a company shows any obvious warning signs. People who listen to me are much less likely to get scammed.

My information is now readily available on the web and is linked to the name of the company. Anyone clever enough do to a quick google search to see if Vladimir Fx shows any signs of being a Ponzi scheme will find it. Anyone looking to see if there are other warning signs about the possibility that VladamirFx might be a scam will find it.

The "so sad" part is that most people put money into things like this and don't try to do any research until later.

I can't stop people from investing in bad companies. I can't force people to perform simple due diligence on a company before investing. I can and do put out my opinions about whether a company shows any obvious warning signs. People who listen to me are much less likely to get scammed.
Hello,

I didn't find nothing about him scamming or being a ponzi... There are a lot of confirmations about getting paid, plus now he opened a company vfxtrading in New Zealand and they will introduce themselves in Moscow Forex Expo, here is the link: Schedule you can see they are listed as partners.

In addition you see live mt4 reports check his statistics. I'm going to meet with them and will report any findings.

Last edited:
It's a pooled investment. That means he's got direct access to your money.

And then there's the guarantee to cover losses. Show me even one NFA or CFTC registered account management company that does this.

Both of the above are serious red flags that can indicate a Ponzi.

The MT4 report is for one account that may or may not be related to what's being traded for clients.

Add in the flaw of not having "high watermark" in the agreement and this one looks poisonous on far too many levels.

It's a pooled investment. That means he's got direct access to your money.

And then there's the guarantee to cover losses. Show me even one NFA or CFTC registered account management company that does this.

Both of the above are serious red flags that can indicate a Ponzi.

The MT4 report is for one account that may or may not be related to what's being traded for clients.

Add in the flaw of not having "high watermark" in the agreement and this one looks poisonous on far too many levels.

So per your great knowledge everything is Ponzi in this world...tomorrow you will say GOD is also ponzi because we haven't seen him. LOL.

So per your great knowledge everything is Ponzi in this world...tomorrow you will say GOD is also ponzi because we haven't seen him. LOL.

This is 100% incorrect. Pooled accounts have a high percentage chance of being a ponzi or just being stolen. Having YOUR money in YOUR account traded while using an LPOA is a 100% guarantee that the system is not a Ponzi (but it can be abused in other ways).

So far, every managed account system (Ponzi or not) I've seen guaranteeing to cover losses has ended badly for the investors.

Any profit sharing trading agreement needs to have a high watermark statement. Otherwise, you could pay fees over and over again for the same balance in your account.

I've had a front row seat to managed account scams for years now. I also follow the CFTC's enforcement actions and they perfectly mirror what I've seen in reports from real investors who lost it all. It appears that you are letting greed for good returns on your money blind you to worrying about the return of your money.

Arsh, I have a suggestion for you. You obviously seem to think that you have such great skill finding spectacular investments like this that you feel can't possibly be Ponzi scams. Since your experience in this area is so vast and you are so confident, why don't you put your money where your mouth is? Go ahead and mortgage your house, max out your credit cards, borrow as much money from friends and family as possible, and then throw it all into this system. Come back every few months and update everyone about how rich you've become.

This is 100% incorrect. Pooled accounts have a high percentage chance of being a ponzi or just being stolen. Having YOUR money in YOUR account traded while using an LPOA is a 100% guarantee that the system is not a Ponzi (but it can be abused in other ways).

So far, every managed account system (Ponzi or not) I've seen guaranteeing to cover losses has ended badly for the investors.

Any profit sharing trading agreement needs to have a high watermark statement. Otherwise, you could pay fees over and over again for the same balance in your account.

I've had a front row seat to managed account scams for years now. I also follow the CFTC's enforcement actions and they perfectly mirror what I've seen in reports from real investors who lost it all. It appears that you are letting greed for good returns on your money blind you to worrying about the return of your money.

Arsh, I have a suggestion for you. You obviously seem to think that you have such great skill finding spectacular investments like this that you feel can't possibly be Ponzi scams. Since your experience in this area is so vast and you are so confident, why don't you put your money where your mouth is? Go ahead and mortgage your house, max out your credit cards, borrow as much money from friends and family as possible, and then throw it all into this system. Come back every few months and update everyone about how rich you've become.

Great, thank you for your suggestion. I am not idiot who will put all my money in one bucket(only idiot people will do this)...if you are clever enough and skillful person then you would have not spent time here and argue with people without any proof. Come with proof...note- I have not invested my money in VladmirFX but parallely I am not saying this is Ponzi because I don't know...want to give one suggestion 'do not talk on such thing which we don't have knowledge or proof'...thanks have nice day dear.

I am clever enough and skillful enough to spot the warning signs of a potential scam. I'm also ethical enough to do what I can to warn people about it instead of letting them lose their money to prove it.

Studying financial crime is something a hobby of mine. I actually got in trouble at one place I worked for warning people about a 419 scam - since if Mrs. Abacha or an official from the NNPC really did want someone's help transferring millions of dollars and I called it a scam, the could sue me and the company. After all, I had no proof that these specific people weren't really trying to move 10's of millions of dollars out of Nigeria, even while complaints came in from people who'd lost large sums of money to exactly the same fraud.

So, the next time you get an email asking someone's help to move millions of dollars, remember - there's no proof that this time it's not the real deal. Make sure to tell anyone who warns you that it appears to be advanced fee fraud that they don't have knowledge or proof, so shouldn't argue that people need to steer clear. :p

Take a few moments to read this and then tell me how I should have sat back and said nothing since I had no knowledge or proof:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...1-cre-capital-corporation-crecapcorp-com.html

A guy claiming to be the VP of CRE threatened to sue because I said it showed potential warning signs of being a Ponzi. That was before the whole thing got shut down by the CFTC and SEC 2 months after my first warning. The charge - being a Ponzi.

And then there was this one:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...r/2451-anybody-heard-tirn-www-mytirn-com.html

I spent a long time arguing with a bunch of people who were very sure it wasn't a Ponzi even though it showed all the signs. Based on your viewpoint, I should have just stood by and let more innocent people go to the financial slaughterhouse, since the proof wasn't there - until 16 months later when the CFTC and SEC stepped in to file charges.

Even after the initial charges were filed, a number of "baby TIRNS" popped up - each claiming to be safe, secure, and not a Ponzi. Despite warnings from me (and the SEC and CFTC), some people threw in their money for the chance for all that "free money" and lost it all. I and a few other FPA members were like a small pack of sheep dogs faced with a record setting sheep stampede. We managed to save some, but there were too many and they were too determined to run into the minefield despite out best efforts.

So, do you really think that I and everyone other member at the FPA should sit by silently when something shows warning signs of being a scam? The SEC and CTFC can't do a lot against Ponzis that are based offshore and don't get a lot of US clients. Even when one is based in Florida and actively recruiting around the USA, it can take months or years before charges are filed, thus providing the proof you are demanding.

I've seen so much of this type of crime, I wrote an article on it:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...959-ponzi-schemes-hyips-free-money-traps.html

Maybe Vladimir Fx isn't a Ponzi, but let me tell you something about financial investments that you don't seem to get. Due to the very nature of the industry, the burden of proof is on the company offering those big returns. If a company shows any potential signs of being a Ponzi and isn't transparent enough to overcome this, I'm not going to listen to someone who says "there's no proof, so there's no reason to worry." Not sounding the warning when I see a potential risk is an unethical path that I am not willing to go down no matter how many times you point me in that direction.

Even with a licensed CTA trading your own money in a conservative fashion at a well regulated broker, there's always a reason to worry. The only time to not worry about your money is when your cash is sitting on the table in front of you. That's been the case since the concept of investing was invented.

I am more concerned with the return of my money than the return on my money. - Mark Twain

Back