• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

VMware Bare Metal Hypervisor ESXi 6.5 for Trading Forex

A Wise Trader

Recruit
Anyone else here using VMware ESXi under VMware Workstation Pro to access the MT4 virtual machines other than myself? Just curious if anyone else uses a T1 Hypervisor in their regular trading. Here's some quick pics of the VMware ESXi Web Client Manager showing what the hypervisor looks like from the back-end and one pic of the front-end from the VMware Workstation Pro GUI that provides user access to all the virtual machines running MT4:

VMware ESXi 6.5 Web Client:
Postimage-532.png

View of Virtual Machine Network:
Postimage-535.png

View of existing Virtual Machines running MT4. The "Exchange" VM is used as a secure FTP Server and SMF Forum for Personal Trade Journals and Trading Research:
Postimage-537.png

View from the back-end ESXi hypervisor (server) showing one MT4 instance running two pairs. I dedicate the pairs I trade to their own virtual machine in combo pairings:
Postimage-539.png

View from the VMware Workstation Pro GUI. In Workstation Pro, each pairing combo sits in its own VM and is accessed seamlessly through the Workstation's Tabs. I currently have eight (8) pairs running across 4 virtual machines through two 50-inch Toshiba monitors. This pic shows only one monitor:
Postimage-541.png

Anyone else use ESXi to drive MT4 this way?

Admin:

Why is this post in the Commercial Zone when there's nothing being sold? Do you routinely move non-commercial posts to the commercial zone on a regular basis? Just checking. Because, if that is the case, I most likely won't be posting here. Since there is nothing to sell, having a post that discusses Trading Technology that is out of the norm in the commercial zone, obscures the purpose of the post and ensures that nobody gets a chance to comment on its merits.

So, I'll take your answer either on or off-line and I'll take a no answer to this question as a hint that I should not post on FPA in the future.

What's the purpose of Forex Peace Army?

Are discussions of Trading Technology or Technical Methods that Traders have created for the purpose of furthering their own trading careers considered "commercial" and therefore not consistent with FPA rules for "normal" posts? The post on using a "Bare Metal Hypervisor" for trading is a post about Trading Technology, not a commercial.

I'm curious as to why FPA exists?

And, BTW. The subtitle of this "Commercial" forum reads as follows:

Commerce Zone- Services Offers, News & Discussions
Commercial Forex Services Information with Forex Brokers Discussions, Trade Journals, Forex Articles and Company News as well as Live Automated Trading Tests

- There is no Commercial Forex Services or Services offered in the OP
- There is no Forex Broker Discussion offered in the OP
- There is no Trade Journal offered in the OP
- There is no Forex Article offered in the OP
- There is no Company News offered in the OP
- There is no Live Automated Trading Test offered in the OP

On all six (6) counts, there nothing that qualifies a Trading Technology post as being fit for "Commercial" status. The OP was a discussion about who else was out there using a T1 Hypervisor in their trading and how they went about implementing it that was different than what the OP shows. How is that "Commercially" related to anything?

The OP was not:

- A Commercial Services Offer
- An example of Commercial News
- An example of a Commercial Discussion

So, on what basis did the Moderator decided that a discussion relative to a Bare Metal Hypervisor and MT4 suddenly become content for "Consumers" when there is nothing to "Consume?"

Again, what's the real purpose behind FPA's existence? Just curious. Maybe I got it wrong somewhere.

What's the purpose of Forex Peace Army?

Are discussions of Trading Technology or Technical Methods that Traders have created for the purpose of furthering their own trading careers considered "commercial" and therefore not consistent with FPA rules for "normal" posts? The post on using a "Bare Metal Hypervisor" for trading is a post about Trading Technology, not a commercial.

I'm curious as to why FPA exists?

The FPA exists as a educational and review site. The "peace" in Forex Peace Army is because the FPA also works to clear up misunderstandings between traders and companies instead of just condemning forex companies as scams without giving them a chance to talk and present their side of the issue.

If Bare Metal Hypervisor is free technology, I can move it to a different folder. Otherwise, discussing usage of it belongs in an appropriate folder inside the Commerce Zone. Then Spam Cat won't have to watch the thread and representatives of the company can feel free to join the discussion and talk about the merits of the product.

As soon as I post this, I'm merging this thread with the thread you've mentioned, since you made similar objections there. It would be redundant to debate the same issue in 2 threads.

If you truly want your account deleted, please confirm. I hope you decide to stay. I was curious to learn more about Bare Metal Hypervisor.

Back