Volatility Exploitation Strategy

Sure.

My life became a blur of 16 hour days (start at 7.30am and get back 11.30pm). The only time I get more than a few minutes to think about anything is weekend and the markets are closed then. I haven't traded under any strategy for some time.

I did have a little success with VES before I had to stop and start the schedule above and I also used Forex Strategy Builder with some promising results. But only when the spread dropped to around 2 pips. I got the impression that failure was more to my not knowing how to program the software properly rather than the strategy. For example I can't pick random entry times or trade in direction of the larger trend. I'm sure it can, I just don't know how to set it yet.

I had hoped to program a MT4 script but whilst I do know programming I need to learn MT4's syntax and haven't had the freedom (see top paragraph).

The lantern is still lit if anyone else has the time to pick it up and run with it. We need to test it (especially at higher spreads than 2). It seems to work in real world but as with any strategy it is sooo tempting to modify as you go or increase the stakes.

Best Wishes
Matt

Back