VPS, also my first post here

I see I forgot to answer some other questions you had about SWVPS:

Are you satisfied with swvps? - Yes, very. To use MT4, you have to get the windows version, which costs like $18/month. Getting around on their windows platform is really slow, but they do what I need: Host my mt4's and allow me to run ea's without worry.

Did you have sudden restarts? I haven't had a restart that I know of. I think my MT4's wouldn't reopen if this happened, so I have to think I haven't had a restart. I'd be pretty upset if this happened and they didn't notify me, but if it happens once every 2 months or less, I'll live with it.

Do they run routine restart every weekend? I haven't experienced any restarts. I haven't had any problems at all.

About ForInvest: I didn't even try to contact them. I tried to login twice, then uninstalled their MT4 and said good riddance. I'm pretty sure if I contact them, they'll hateful jerks like they were to everyone who's posted their conversations with ForInvest, and I really don't want to deal with that, especially when the final result will not change. They're never giving me my money or going to let me be profitable.

F-man... I want to send you a message but I don't see a way to do that. But basically, after agreeing to never make a withdrawal, I have a new account number with this broker that I'm free to use "for fun." These people .. wow.

swvps gave me this info in regard to being notified of a reboot:

"You can use a service like Hyperspin.com to ping your VPS IP and notify you by email and SMS if it fails due to a reboot." It's a free service.

I just did a test for a friend of Amazon's EC2 servers. They are sub 10 ms latency to NY bank and brokerage servers at $15 per month for Mt4 traders. You get your own windows to log into, install whatever you want.

-cjforex-

F-man... I want to send you a message but I don't see a way to do that. But basically, after agreeing to never make a withdrawal, I have a new account number with this broker that I'm free to use "for fun." These people .. wow.

You got yourself a deal with this broker! :D! Did they give you also free refils?;)

Well, as you mentioned $100 is worth the experience. It was very wise of you to start small.
Generally I am hunting free accounts for testing my strategy. They come up from time to time. It is important to learn to trade under different circumstances

You got yourself a deal with this broker! :D! Did they give you also free refils?;)

Well, as you mentioned $100 is worth the experience. It was very wise of you to start small.
Generally I am hunting free accounts for testing my strategy. They come up from time to time. It is important to learn to trade under different circumstances

You can test on this one if you like, especially if it means I get to checkout your trading ideas.

I just did a test for a friend of Amazon's EC2 servers. They are sub 10 ms latency to NY bank and brokerage servers at $15 per month for Mt4 traders. You get your own windows to log into, install whatever you want.

-cjforex-

Thank you for telling me about this. I'm satisfied with my current setup but if I become unsatisfied, I'll definitely check this out. I'm a huge fan of Amazon so my bias tells me they probably have excellent up time and few/no problems. Plus it's cheaper.

Back