• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

VPS Hosting

I work in this, and I confirm that a VPS company can always (if they want) log into your system.

The original question was whether the broker could see things on the VPS.

If you are using a VPS provided by the broker, then the answer is yes, they could. Maybe the do, maybe the don't, but the technical ability is there.

If your VPS is independent of the broker, then the broker should not be able to see things like hidden stops and other trade logic that lives only inside the client end of the trading platform.

Fozzy website provides the VPS for Forex traders. I haven't tried from myself, but I have just found them the other day.

Many brokers offer free VPS depending on account size(mostly more than 5K), others oblige clients to trade certain lots per month, if not reached the VPS fee will be deducted automatically from the client trading account.

I don't think a regulated broker cares about spying on clients platform or stuff being used on the VPS, but I rather think of the broker employees who may steal some strategy ideas, systems or EA's not excluding account managers from doing so when they find a Successful client.

If the VPS is offered by broker for Free and the trader is not an EA user, better not use your strategies or systems/indicators on the VPS.
Use the Free VPS for browsing downloading uploading whatever not directly related to the broker platforms and trading.

Action speak louder than words. Here we go!

Correction: We offer 100% not 99.9% Uptime. (Our fellow server team just guarantee it)

For more information we can be contact on Skype & Email: support@tradingfxvps.com

Promo Code: FPA20%
VPS_Chart_final-small.png

Hi Pharaoh,

We are offering 100% uptime now. If we are down as you said for 0.01%, we offer you a full time VPS for free as a compensation of the 0.01% downtime.

Regards,
TradingFXVPS.com

Back